PDA

View Full Version : CBT online course?

Lilly26
02-05-16, 17:55
Hi I was wondering if anyone knew of any online CBT courses?

I'm currently on the waiting list with NHS but I just feel I need to do something about this now as I'm starting to feel pretty helpless.

Thanks

Fishmanpa
02-05-16, 18:28
There are a few but one was recommended here:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=175316

I personally used it and found it helpful for some depression and "scanxiety" after my illnesses.

Positive thoughts

Lilly26
02-05-16, 18:42
Thanks so much for your reply.

I was quite worried I thought it was going to be really expensive but seems very reasonable.

Fingers crossed!

MyNameIsTerry
03-05-16, 04:44
There are some free ones about too. For instance, there is one with a support forum called Panic Center in Canada. Some people on here also use that one.

glacial
04-05-16, 21:15
There is also an online CBT course called FearFighter, that is actually available on the NHS. As far as I know it is the only online course approved by the NHS.
I don't think it's available in every NHS trust, so you may not be able to get it free where you are, but even if you have to pay for it it's a fairly reasonable price.

I have to say I personally have never used it, but it may be worth looking into.

MyNameIsTerry
06-05-16, 06:17
There is also an online CBT course called FearFighter, that is actually available on the NHS. As far as I know it is the only online course approved by the NHS.
I don't think it's available in every NHS trust, so you may not be able to get it free where you are, but even if you have to pay for it it's a fairly reasonable price.

I have to say I personally have never used it, but it may be worth looking into.

NICE covered 5 in total but it's true that Fearfighter was the one for panic:

https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ta97

This review concerns five specific packages for the delivery of computerised cognitive behaviour therapy (CCBT) accessed via a referral from a general practitioner (GP): three for depression (Beating the Blues, COPE and Overcoming Depression), one for panic/phobia (FearFighter) and one for obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) (OCFighter, previously known as BTSteps).

The NHS take their steer from them.

The thing with these is that they can overlap into general anxiety too so whilst there may be an element of tailoring, there should be some key stuff in there too for all of us.

Fearfighter is £129 & £229 at the moment for the different packages. It should also be noted that whilst NICE have endorsed CCBT, it is only based on evidence that "remote supported" CCBT is as effective as face-to-face. Any other CCBT is not considered the same to them, so that's something to watch out for.

A problem people might find with a GP referral for FearFighter is that the NICE Stepped Care Model is used. CCBT sits at Level 2 with Guided Self Help. CBT on the other hand is a more advanced intervention at Level 3. Something I've seen another member on here say is that they can't access CCBT whilst doing Level 3. I might have seen two people say that, I can't be sure. And from my own experience of the model, not CCBT, if you agree to one level, you are classed as being treated so drop off the waiting list for another level so you have to be careful here.

Mugs
06-05-16, 06:20
Hi I was wondering if anyone knew of any online CBT courses?

I'm currently on the waiting list with NHS but I just feel I need to do something about this now as I'm starting to feel pretty helpless.

Thanks

Try. Onlinetherapy.com

msfootandankle
07-05-16, 01:31
There are a few but one was recommended here:

I personally used it and found it helpful for some depression and "scanxiety" after my illnesses.

Positive thoughts

Thanks for telling this i want to also know for this.

:)

Suziewuzie
07-05-16, 10:20
There's an NHS one called SilverCloud which your GP can refer you to for free x