PDA

View Full Version : Dose increase?

Chaos09
03-05-16, 09:14
Hi all. I'm currently on 5 week's at 20mg and I think I'm starting to notice a small change. I think I thought I'd feel a lot better by now though. I'm still very anxious, part of it is my work situation but I'm having random panic attacks too :( I feel quite low as well, just generally. I do feel a bit better then when I first started, I just feel really overwhelmed I think. I only have a week's worth left so nee to see my Dr for an update but not sure whether to ask about increasing dosage. Thoughts?

R1CH
03-05-16, 09:50
Hi all. I'm currently on 5 week's at 20mg and I think I'm starting to notice a small change. I think I thought I'd feel a lot better by now though. I'm still very anxious, part of it is my work situation but I'm having random panic attacks too :( I feel quite low as well, just generally. I do feel a bit better then when I first started, I just feel really overwhelmed I think. I only have a week's worth left so nee to see my Dr for an update but not sure whether to ask about increasing dosage. Thoughts?

Hi Chaos

These things do take time. I think I am guilty of increasing too quickly as I'm so impatient with this. I would say if you are experiencing panic attacks still I would discuss an increase, maybe give it another week or so on 20mg with an agreement from your doctor that you can increase after the week. If its any consolation I'm feeeling pretty damn low too, and i'm still waking with some morning anxiety. I have been on 40mg for 1 week now.

I hope that helps but remember I actually didn't get any relief until week 9 - 10 and in all honesty I think 8 - 10 weeks is a reality at the correct dose.

You are doing well by still working in s stressful job. Keep your chin up and keep strong and beat this!!!

Rich

Chaos09
03-05-16, 21:51
Hi Chaos

These things do take time. I think I am guilty of increasing too quickly as I'm so impatient with this. I would say if you are experiencing panic attacks still I would discuss an increase, maybe give it another week or so on 20mg with an agreement from your doctor that you can increase after the week. If its any consolation I'm feeeling pretty damn low too, and i'm still waking with some morning anxiety. I have been on 40mg for 1 week now.

I hope that helps but remember I actually didn't get any relief until week 9 - 10 and in all honesty I think 8 - 10 weeks is a reality at the correct dose.

You are doing well by still working in s stressful job. Keep your chin up and keep strong and beat this!!!

Rich

Thankyou rich! I still tend to feel better as the day goes on. I feel really terrible because I feel so very low on waking, and though that morning anxiety is going a bit, it's still present and I really find getting out of bed unbelievably hard, like I just can't face reality/the day, then that makes me rush and I have my son to get to school etc. We haven't been late but I hate rushng him!
I'm trying to be mega organised in an evening to make it easier. Failing a bit though. Also my panic attacks seem quite random, often in public too, very rarely at home! I am lacking motivation and just feel a bit blah. Think I'll call my Dr tomorrow to discuss it, she said she'd put it on repeat prescription but to let her know if I wasn't feeling a decent benefit by week six so I guess it's worth a chat. Thanks for the encouragement and really hope you're doing well tonight!