PDA

View Full Version : Can all this be anxiety

Fedup79
03-05-16, 20:19
Hi guys, me again!!

Just wondering does anyone get shaking hands?

Also crampy/pulsating calves, tiredness, headache, lumps on back of neck everyone says are fatty lumps, itching, nasal/sinus discomfort and discomfort running down jaw line, aches behind ears and lost 1.5lbs this week when ive really only been eating junk really (could it be coming off implant/anxiety??)

Can this all be anxiety??

Bloods taken 8 weeks ago and were all ok. Getting really stressed and worked up.

Fishmanpa
03-05-16, 20:45
I think you know the answer to that question ;)

While anxiety can't cause a fatty lump or nasal congestion, it sure can cause the other symptoms and make actual physical symptoms worse by focusing on them.

Positive thoughts

Fedup79
03-05-16, 20:59
Thanks fishmanpa, i know im being irational and overthinking things but then the little voice of anxiety says no your not because this is whats wrong. Im just really fed up of it all & stressing out which obv makes everything worse.

---------- Post added at 20:59 ---------- Previous post was at 20:57 ----------

Just a thought (sorry if sounds stupid) but can HA make you have symptoms to make you think that you have a disease when you dont?? If that makes sense, like is the mind really that powerful?

Fishmanpa
03-05-16, 21:11
Just a thought (sorry if sounds stupid) but can HA make you have symptoms to make you think that you have a disease when you dont?? If that makes sense, like is the mind really that powerful?

One look through the boards answers that question. The ALS threads for example. Anxiety can cause twitching and then comes Dr. Google and more stress and more twitching etc. It's a catch 22. The mind really is that powerful. Fortunately the positive aspect is true as well. If people put as much positive energy and thought into getting well, they could beat their anxiety related negative symptoms much more effectively.

Positive thoughts

Fedup79
03-05-16, 22:03
Thank you. Im now freaking out after finding hard lump (not even quite the size ofa pea) under my jaw, think itsmoveable. Oh gosh i really hate this HA, dr tomorrow :(

Fishmanpa
03-05-16, 23:44
dr tomorrow :(

Why not print some of your threads out and have a discussion with your GP about getting some help with your HA?

Positive thoughts

Fedup79
04-05-16, 08:58
Thanks Fishmanpa, ive written all my symptoms/concerns down and have an appt with him this morning as my uni is wanting a letter to back up i am an anxiety sufferer so going to speak to him about these latest concerns this morning.

Elen
04-05-16, 09:16
Good that you have got it all written down. I agree with printing out some of your posts as well otherwise your appointment could end up going down the route of the GP reassuring you that your symptoms are harmless.

A print out will show how your mind is fixating on one symptom before moving onto the next.

IMO this is the crux of the problem and the one that your GP would be best addressing.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Fedup79
04-05-16, 12:45
Thank you, i feel really pathetic being back today when i was only there on friday, but its and all consuming fear, to the ppint i couldnt even study for an exam. I dont want him thinking im wasting time or i cant cope (im petrified of social work being involved with me and my lo). I dont know if its an idea to see about a very mild anti d to try and reboot myself and take the edge off as medication can cause more probs thanaking things better for me, i dont even know where this fear of lymph nodes and lymphoma has come from which is making things even worse!! Xx

---------- Post added at 12:45 ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 ----------

Hi guys

Been to dr and feel alot calmer. He had a feel at neck and said he can feel nothing concerning and thinks that lump at back of my neck is either a fatty lump or a spot thats gone in the way (a something cyst?) Spoketo him about the lymphoma feat and he readsured me theres nothing in symptoms that im saying that gives him concern and that bloods are clear if there was any hint in them then he would of called for them to be done again, also said obv he cant say you wont get it but it is rare and that there would be other symptoms alomgside it. Also explained to him about the pea lump i felt last night that seems to have gone down today and he said it could even be fatigue that caused it to jump out. Feeling alot calmer now but can feel the demonds trying to rise again