PDA

View Full Version : Can PMS cause (dangerous) nightmares?

livefree83
03-05-16, 21:54
Hello,

Two days in a row (during my afternoon naps) I had terrifying nightmares where I woke up in a sweat and was very short of breath and severely confused. I wanted to know if nightmares are dangerous. I also have very bad pms (premenstrual disorder) and my period is once late again, therefore my anxiety is very bad. Are nightmares known to cause any physical harm. I am afraid to go back to sleep. The reasoning for afternoon naps is because I take anxiety medications (klonopin and Risperdal) and they make me very tired so my sleep patterns aren't the typical eight hour a night sleep. I stay up late each night, until about 2am average each night, wake up the next morning, am up for about three hours and shortly after taking my meds I take my afternoon nap (usually when the nightmares occur). I also get sleep paralysis from time to time, which are not pleasant but no where near as bad as the nightmares. My concerns with the nightmares was waking up in a sweat and being short of breath for about two hours after and severely confused and anxious.