PDA

View Full Version : Life is too short for health anxiety

skippy66
03-05-16, 23:08
Hello everyone, been a while since I've been on here. For those who don't know me, I suffered from severe health anxiety for many years (read my old posts). Part of my problem was that I was self-employed with too much spare time to let my thoughts spiral out of control. I'm now head of department in a large marketing agency, generally loving life although it can be stressful at times.

Would love to know how the likes of Fishmanpa & Katesa & countrygirl are doing.

Anyway, just wanted to check in here to see if I could help anyone. Reading through posts I can still see that people are posting the same things now as they were 8-9 years ago when I joined this site. HA is very cyclical, I found it came on strong in waves.

My message to anyone who is reading this and struggling is that you need to tell your HA to f*ck off. Seriously, life is too short to waste any time worrying about how short that life might be. When I joined this forum I was mid-20s. I'm now mid-30s with 3 children and I can tell you that as I've got older HA has completely disappeared. Don't get me wrong I still have daily palpitations, and more aches and pains now than I ever did - the difference is I don't dwell on them being serious anymore, I simply get on with living life while I can. This is what you need to do. Don't let it take one more precious second of your life.

Hope this helps. I'm too busy to post or check this forum these days so this is just a fleeting visit, but I wish everyone the very best and want you to remember that however bad it gets, you can and will get better. I did, and if I can anyone can!

stressedanxious
03-05-16, 23:10
I agree with you. Life is too short to live it constantly worrying about things that may never happen.

My anxiety went away for a few weeks, I just stop worrying, but now I find a lump or a bump and I try not to freak out, but its really difficult. Life is so beautiful when I dont worry about things.

ServerError
03-05-16, 23:14
This is great advice for life in general. There's very little about worry that is helpful. Obviously you can never eliminate worry entirely, but it's definitely one of the more pointless human emotions. I've just found out I have to move out of my flat by the end of the month, and my job is a fixed-term contract which expires in July. If I wanted to, I could freak out about this. I would have done at one time. But not now. Whatever happens, it'll be alright, and life will be more pleasant if I take these things in my stride.

Fishmanpa
03-05-16, 23:51
What's up Skippy?! Good to see you! All is well in Fishman land. 3 years cancer free and still trying to help when I can here and yeah, you're right... it's like a revolving deja vu' with the fears and symptoms and it still comes down to having the inner fortitude to take the steps toward healing ;)

Glad to see things are well with you!

Positive thoughts