PDA

View Full Version : Mornings are hell

Manilow
04-05-16, 06:54
Hi my name is Debbie I have been having these attacks for coming upto a year it started so strange I went to bed one evening and the following morning it had taken me over completely. At first I had the feeling of anxiety all day and everyday not wanting to do anything go anywhere or see anybody esp my grandsons as I didn't want them to see me that way it has calmed down but my mornings are a complete nightmare the heart racing the whole body tense and I also suffer from getting so anxious I feel my self over the basin wretching so hard my body aches I feel I can't breathe as I'm having to blow my nose at the same time has anybody else had this please help and stay strong x

venusbluejeans
04-05-16, 07:32
Hiya Manilow and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

JonBrave
04-05-16, 19:39
Hi Debbie,

I wanted you to know that you are NOT alone.

I have been going through an anxiety breakdown for 5 weeks now. All the same stuff as you, including the retching as soon as I get up. So that you know, it is very common for anxiety to be worst in the mornings/daytime, on a good day it gets better as the evening approaches.

If you have not done so already you should (consider) talk to your GP about how you are feeling. There are many good GPs out there, and there are many people like you dealing with this, so don't be embarrassed.

Wishing you well,
Jon

Manilow
05-05-16, 08:18
Thank you it's good to no I'm not alone I am seeing my gp and am trying tablets for the anxiety he is very understanding I just hate the mornings as I feel I can't cope anymore but as it passes the day gets better and that's what I'm holding onto

Mojo61
05-05-16, 08:51
I am exactly the same, as are most people who suffer from anxiety. The temptation to lay in bed and while away the hours is very strong, but I force myself to get up and moving otherwise I just feel worse. The feeling stays with me all day usually until about 5-6pm when I start to feel better. I've had this all day every day for almost 6 months now but I started taking Citalopram a month ago and I'm hoping they will eventually help. Also I'm having CBT which teaches how your thoughts affect your emotions and keep the fires of anxiety burning. Definitely see your doctor and ask for help because the sooner you start the easier it will be. I left mine for 5 months before deciding to take medication, I thought I could do it on my own but I couldn't. Anxiety is horrible, but it can be managed successfully so please get some help.

---------- Post added at 08:51 ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 ----------

Oh sorry, I see you are already taking meds - good luck!

Shazamataz
05-05-16, 08:52
Welcome on board Debbie,

It's not fun is it? I also find mornings the worst and feel better in the evenings. I am hoping this means that at least there is the potential to feel better as a few months ago I didn't have a second in the day where I didn't feel terrible anxiety.

There's heaps of info and support here and you are not alone

xx

Deanatron
05-05-16, 13:01
I'm the same too ... :(

Manilow
05-05-16, 21:33
Thank you all for your kind words and help I'm sure we will all get through this but it's nice to be able to talk to people that know how your feeling it's hard to explain even to your own family but I now no I'm not alone with this feeling take care and thanks again

conan
06-05-16, 01:57
yes i was very relieved to find that i was not the only person who had such terrible trouble with mornings. i go to bed feeling alright and wake up paralysed with fear. it takes everything i have to get up and go to work and i constantly feel like i am letting my family down. it fluctuates during the day and starts to settle down in the evening. but it's so horrible. good luck.