PDA

View Full Version : Anothr trigger today, feel annoyed at myself

CeeCeeCee
04-05-16, 15:35
So, I was getting to totally think that my sinus head and neck pain and feeling poorly with it was most surely just a sinus infection that was going on a while.

Then today I went to see my brother with my sister, I told them I had this thing and they said, yes sinus is awful. Then I said that when I blow my nose in the morning it has blood in it, (which I'm sure can just be a normal part of the infection) my brother said, oh, you should get that checked out.

It worried me straight away, he realised that and said it would just be the sinus.
I seem to remember he had some bad nose bleeds years ago and had them cauterised, so he was probably thinking of that and just relating. However, I cant be simply advised lightly to 'check it out' as it triggers me to think horrible things about my health.

I'm a bit calmer now but as I am still feeling a bit poorly it's niggling me still. I'm hanging on to what people have told me as it has been such a help, then I have a set back and feel so annoyed with myself.

Anyone had blood with sinus or head cold? Any info would be good, thanks you lot :-)

katniss
04-05-16, 17:27
Nose bleeds are rarely ever of any serious concern. Usually a ruptured blood vessel in the nose because of all the sniffling and constant blowing of the nose due to your head cold.

CeeCeeCee
04-05-16, 17:37
Thank you Katniss, I thought it was just part and parcel of sinus and nose blowing, I'm just stupid at times, he didn't mean to scare me but they don't know just how bad I have been lately, it's a tightrope situation :-/

Greenman50
04-05-16, 18:23
Yep ....its just with blowing harder or more than usual .

I do it often .....say 5 or 6 times a year have done for more years than i care to remember !

This health anxiety is crap innit .....someone only has to say something in passing and we worry our selves sick over nothing :mad:

CeeCeeCee
04-05-16, 21:23
I know, and to be honest it clears up after the morning, I think it's probably built up congestion with lying down.
Its rubbish for sure, it hits us when we least expect it and lingers longer than it should, horrible.
It feels like a switch that goes on and off without permission by me, one day sun, next day rain.... :shrug:

Nicholebear
05-05-16, 00:00
Perfectly normal you've just been blowing your nose too much

Paul84
05-05-16, 09:13
I echo what what the Katniss, Greenman and Nichole have said. I sometimes get traces of blood when I have sinus congestion etc... I'm a sniffer for most of the year and then if I get a cold, then I'm on a Saline Nasal Spray and I'm blowing BIG.

It's not pretty.

Also, the "you should get it checked out" advice can be trigger for me if I'm caught off guard.

Beckybecks
05-05-16, 09:38
Yup, I always get blood when I have a sinus infectiion. Perfectly normal.
And can I just say that I do understand and sympathise that your anxiety has been triggered by someone telling you to have it checked out. Because this automatically suggests to your anxious mind that there could be something else more serious going on.
Normal people don't have a problem popping in to see the Doctor, but to us with HA we always anticipate the worst and a visit to the Doctor could always confirm our worst fears.
I suggest you just try to reason with yourself. A Doctors visit isn't nevessary for such a small thing.
Do some steaming, it really helps.

CeeCeeCee
05-05-16, 11:07
Perfectly normal you've just been blowing your nose too much

Thanks Nichole :-)

---------- Post added at 10:57 ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 ----------

I echo what what the Katniss, Greenman and Nichole have said. I sometimes get traces of blood when I have sinus congestion etc... I'm a sniffer for most of the year and then if I get a cold, then I'm on a Saline Nasal Spray and I'm blowing BIG.

It's not pretty.

Also, the "you should get it checked out" advice can be trigger for me if I'm caught off guard.

Thanks Paul, yes, people think they are being helpful suggesting a doctors visit but it starts you wondering why they think that.
Not so much blood this morning, I have been doing a saline drip too. :-)

---------- Post added at 11:07 ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 ----------

Yup, I always get blood when I have a sinus infectiion. Perfectly normal.
And can I just say that I do understand and sympathise that your anxiety has been triggered by someone telling you to have it checked out. Because this automatically suggests to your anxious mind that there could be something else more serious going on.
Normal people don't have a problem popping in to see the Doctor, but to us with HA we always anticipate the worst and a visit to the Doctor could always confirm our worst fears.
I suggest you just try to reason with yourself. A Doctors visit isn't nevessary for such a small thing.
Do some steaming, it really helps.

That's reassuring thank you, there was less blood this morning so that's good. This is the worst sinus I have had, lingering on, usually it just goes. Do you get it often?

Sometimes the headache and neck ache go away, I apply a heated wheat pad and it helps, then it returns and I get scared again. Also, cooling my head helps sometimes. I'm up and down so much.

You are right about 'normal people' they just go and get sorted, yet I try not to go just in case I get told the worst or the doc takes too long in looking at something, checking it out :-/

I have a facial steamer, I wasn't sure whether to use it or not but I will try it, thanks.:)

Beckybecks
05-05-16, 11:20
I use a natural sea water nasal spray every day.
I've had a lot of sinus problems since I came to the UK. Lots of facial pain in my cheeks and teeth.
When it's bad I just boil the kettle, pour some water into a bowl, put a towel over my head and breath deeply for a while.

I have a lot of neck ache and head aches too, but unrelated to the sinus problem. I also use a wheat pad on my neck. (You can use it on your sinuses too.)

The neck ache is definitely due to anxiety and tension.

Traceypo
06-05-16, 09:12
I think it's totally normal hun, however, I think you need to have a word with your brother! My partner is exactly the same and says things without thinking that sends me into a day of worry and off he goes to work without a care in the world for the destruction he's just caused to my day!
Xxx

CeeCeeCee
06-05-16, 11:58
I think it's totally normal hun, however, I think you need to have a word with your brother! My partner is exactly the same and says things without thinking that sends me into a day of worry and off he goes to work without a care in the world for the destruction he's just caused to my day!
Xxx

:)

CeeCeeCee
07-05-16, 14:40
The neck ache is definitely due to anxiety and tension.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, it sounds very similar, tension in neck made worse by stress, I'm flying today which I don't like so that won't help. I'm just trying to ride it out as suggested. 👍