PDA

View Full Version : Panicking over biopsie results

2015cj
05-05-16, 13:37
It's been 4 weeks since I had a skin growth removed and sent off for biopsie.
The doctor said it would take 1 week and they would ring if it was anything to worry about.
Not heard a thing so still worrying.
Rang up gps n spoke to receptionist who had a look and said the report was back but it didn't really say much just said it had been signed to say I'd had the surgery and no further action required but she's going to get a doctor to go over it tonight and I have to ring back tomorrow.
What does this mean? I'm having a panic over it now

debs71
05-05-16, 14:10
It really doesn't sound like anything negative, IMO.

They would have contacted you as a matter of urgency if the results were dodgy. The fact you have waited this long is a positive thing, not negative.

The report said ' no action required', which is more or less like saying that you need no further treatment as it is all good.

If anything was bad here, they would not be so casual.

Beckie4567
05-05-16, 14:15
No news is def good news ��

---------- Post added at 14:15 ---------- Previous post was at 14:14 ----------

If no further action is required that means it was nothing

2015cj
05-05-16, 14:26
Okay thanks for the replies
Just worried why she would want the doctor to go over them?
What if they forgot to ring me

debs71
05-05-16, 15:19
Okay thanks for the replies
Just worried why she would want the doctor to go over them?
What if they forgot to ring me

Probably because a receptionist is firstly not allowed or qualified to give you or explain any more detailed info over the telephone. This is a typical thing with a lot of GP receptionists...they would rather it came form the horse's mouth - the doctor.

I am sure that if this was something that required further action, they would have marked it down as such before now. Probably the receptionist can pick up on your concern, that's all.

Fishmanpa
05-05-16, 16:55
"No further action required" means exactly that. You're good :)

Positive thoughts

2015cj
06-05-16, 09:50
Thank you for replies everyone I couldn't take waiting any longer so rang up first thing this morning and it turn out to be a wart