PDA

View Full Version : Are Lymphoma Lymph Nodes Usually Visible?

katniss
05-05-16, 15:12
Hey guys!

I can't seem to get an idea of how big the two Lymph Nodes in my neck are. I would say about pea sized, so maybe 1 cm? They are movable, but firm.

Anyway, my question is, are Lymphoma Lymph Nodes Usually Visible through the skin? Is that how big they are? Or can they be small? Also, I can't feel mine unless if I look for them. It's a little easier now to feel them because I know exactly where they are. Would anyone know??

KatiePink
05-05-16, 16:42
Hey guys!

I can't seem to get an idea of how big the two Lymph Nodes in my neck are. I would say about pea sized, so maybe 1 cm? They are movable, but firm.

Anyway, my question is, are Lymphoma Lymph Nodes Usually Visible through the skin? Is that how big they are? Or can they be small? Also, I can't feel mine unless if I look for them. It's a little easier now to feel them because I know exactly where they are. Would anyone know??

How come you are looking for them? You really should try not to prod them as that will just cause problems in itself. My uncle has had non hodgkins lymphoma and the lump in his neck was noticeable however i don't know the ins and outs, but i know he had symptoms that were unmistakable

Fishmanpa
05-05-16, 17:02
Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

When my cancer started, I had a node the size of a small grape or so on the left side of my neck. It was hard, immovable and painless and it GREW! Withing a month it was clearly visible and by the time I went in for surgery to remove the cancer six months later, I had two golf ball sized nodes (5+cm) and it looked like I had the mumps on the left side of my neck! So yeah, it would be obvious.

If you can't feel them unless you look then you're good. Stop poking and prodding!!! You'll irritate them, cause them to swell and eventually become shotty (permanently swollen).

Positive thoughts

katniss
06-05-16, 01:44
Thank you for replying. I wish I had never looked for them in the first place. Now that I know they are there I keep checking them and trying to measure how big they are. One of them is smaller than the tip of my finger. The other one is as big as my finger tip. I can move both. Just wish I could feel better & healthy and stop this cycle of panic and anxiety

stars22
06-05-16, 17:26
I have two Lymph nodes on back of my neck just in my hair line one above the other on the right side they have been there since I was 13 I had like 2 years of panicking about them and I'm now 24 and they are still there my grandad died of non hodgkin lymphoma last year and my worries came back but I was told sometimes we get infections they swell and don't go back down again xx

katniss
07-05-16, 05:45
Thanks for replying! How big are yours if you don't mind me asking?

Captain irrational
07-05-16, 23:48
Thank you for replying. I wish I had never looked for them in the first place.

You and me both. I wish I had never decided to google the symptoms of lymphoma in the first place.

As the old saying goes, "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing".

I have actually made a personal promise to myself that I will not google anything health, illness or symptom related from now. I just can't trust myself to do it without getting myself worked up into an absolute state. If I feel something is wrong with me, I'll just go straight to the doctor, a real doctor, not Dr Google. I really think this is the best policy for dealing with health anxiety.