PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Miserable And Worried

mnaha
05-05-16, 15:23
I have just been in this new place for a few days and my ears are stopped up and I can hear my heartbeat pounding in my head. If that isn't worrying enough my throat is bothering me very badly .

I feel like it keeps locking up on me and choking me. For some reason at random times it feels as though the muscles are contracting and I can't swallow but I am swallowing water and food but sometimes it feels as though my food might choke me but so far it hasn't .

I have a broken tooth that has cut into my tongue and It keeps cutting into it and feels as if my tongue might swell and go down my throat. I keep feeling like something is lodged in my throat and its hard to swallow but when I finally try to swallow it seems ok.

This throat ear thing is bothering me so much. Yesterday it seem to fade for a short time and I was feeling so good. I thought if it was only anxiety then it would be gone but it came back.

I am sleeping a lot and I feel as though I can't hold my head up and just have to go to sleep and when I wake I am still tired. I don't know if this is from my trip or anxiety or what.

It is so hot here. Yesterday it was 97 and we have air conditioning but seems the heat still affects you inside. Today I woke and my heart was beating ok and then it started pounding. I Know this sounds like anxiety but I wasn't anxious.. This makes me think that maybe my blood pressure is high. I have so many worries and feel so tired I don't know what to think.

Does anyone else here ever have ears close up for long periods and there throat feel as though its closing all the time at random times? Sure would like to hear from you and maybe some tips on how to unstop your ears and make the throat feel better. Thanks in advance.

aublovesyou
05-05-16, 17:12
Hey, mnaha. I totally understand your fears! I have a host of physical symptoms that scare me consistently and put me in a cycle of fearing that something is really wrong with me vs. my anxiety is causing the symptoms.

Have you had a blood test done for iron levels recently? Is it possible you have iron deficiency anemia? I ask this because I was just recently diagnosed with anemia, which is easily treated by taking iron supplements as directed by your doctor. But it causes you to feel incredibly tired all the time and tinnitus/ringing in the ears is another symptom. I know what you described is a more clogged up feeling, but it could be worth checking. Also, the pounding heart is definitely a sign of anemia. It is, of course, also a symptom of anxiety, so having both can make it hard to know what's causing what! That's where I am right now :)

As far as the throat closing, I have this same thing, but mine is more like a lump in the middle of my throat, as if it is swelling. I have come to the conclusion that this is a factor of my anxiety, and it may be for you as well! Even though it comes back time and again, it is something I have seen listed on several sites as a symptom of stress/anxiety. I wouldn't worry too much about it unless it is actually causing you trouble with breathing or swallowing.

mnaha
05-05-16, 23:54
Hey, mnaha. I totally understand your fears! I have a host of physical symptoms that scare me consistently and put me in a cycle of fearing that something is really wrong with me vs. my anxiety is causing the symptoms.

Have you had a blood test done for iron levels recently? Is it possible you have iron deficiency anemia? I ask this because I was just recently diagnosed with anemia, which is easily treated by taking iron supplements as directed by your doctor. But it causes you to feel incredibly tired all the time and tinnitus/ringing in the ears is another symptom. I know what you described is a more clogged up feeling, but it could be worth checking. Also, the pounding heart is definitely a sign of anemia. It is, of course, also a symptom of anxiety, so having both can make it hard to know what's causing what! That's where I am right now :)

As far as the throat closing, I have this same thing, but mine is more like a lump in the middle of my throat, as if it is swelling. I have come to the conclusion that this is a factor of my anxiety, and it may be for you as well! Even though it comes back time and again, it is something I have seen listed on several sites as a symptom of stress/anxiety. I wouldn't worry too much about it unless it is actually causing you trouble with breathing or swallowing.

Hopefully its just anxiety . I don't want to go to a doctor with this since I am in a strange place and don't know the doctors or hospitals. It scares me a lot and also having breathing issues everyday several times a day . I worry that maybe I have pulmonary embolisms as this would account for a lot of my symptoms .