PDA

View Full Version : An introduction.

mrjonesmcr
05-05-16, 21:51
I don't really like introductions. Well, I don't mind them, I just find what to say hard. :)

Anyway, my name is Michael, I am 27, I was diagnosed with GAD/Panic Disorder in 2008 and up until a year ago, I thought I had beaten it for the most part, certainly the 'major' symptoms and thoughts, but in many ways, I feel worse than when I was first diagnosed, back then it was basically nausea and palpations. Now, it's headaches, dizziness, eye pain, general malaise, sweating, panic attacks at night. Even though it is much easier for me to cope now and I've made great strides from how I was back then, it's still massively hard sometimes.

When it comes to relaxing, reading and scrabble help. And watching football does to an extent. Well, occasionally. ;)

I hope that is an adequate introduction. :)

venusbluejeans
05-05-16, 21:59
Hiya mrjonesmcr and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

mrjonesmcr
05-05-16, 22:32
Hiya mrjonesmcr and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Many thanks. :)

I've read a few of the articles in the past, they're very good!

fduop
06-05-16, 15:09
Good morning mrjonesmcr. I totally understand where you are coming from. I've been dealing with anxiety/panic for nearly 20 years. The best way I can describe my journey is by saying it's like the tide, it ebbs and it flows. Another point I get is how the panicky symptoms will change from time to time. For a while it maybe shortness of breath, other times it's numbness in my arms and legs, and still other times it shows up in headaches and rapid heartbeat.

You look to have a good set of tools in your arsenal already and you know what the problem is. Knowledge to me is a key element in overcoming anxiety/panic. The rest is working to understand the fear and to take small steps forward in learning what it is that creates this within you. Best to you mrjonesmcr, you will find the stories of shared experiences here in NMP go a long way in claiming victory.