PDA

View Full Version : If you could not breathe?

mnaha
05-05-16, 23:52
If you can't breathe your pulse would not be 60 would it? For the last month or so I get random feelings of not being able to breathe. Its like someone pushing on my abdomen but I check my pulse and most time its not fast. Is this just anxiety feeling or perhaps something else? Thanks in advance for your replies

Fishmanpa
06-05-16, 00:09
If you can't breathe you wouldn't have a pulse but I think you know that ;) Everything you describe in your posts can be attributed to anxiety and depression but I think you know that as well.

Positive thoughts

mnaha
06-05-16, 00:26
If you can't breathe you wouldn't have a pulse but I think you know that ;) Everything you describe in your posts can be attributed to anxiety and depression but I think you know that as well.

Positive thoughts

No I don't know that for sure. That is why I am here. I have been getting bouts of shortness of breath off and on for over a month and also have been getting choking in the throat. Was your uncomfortable sensation in the throat anxiety too?

I am very worried. Its sporadic and I am not sure why it comes and goes but it scares me .I was just wondering if you would have a faster pulse with shortness of breath.

I have had a very rough time in the last two months and the stress has been very hard on me. I don't have a regular doctor to go see and don't want to run to the ER . I don't have any meds so I come here to see if what I am experiencing could be in fact anxiety but there are thousands of thousands of conditions that could cause the same symptoms.

I hate being afraid and being worried and sometimes we all need someone to say a kind word .

Fishmanpa
06-05-16, 00:43
Michael,

The uncomfortable sensation in my throat were from two 5+cm tumors pressing in structures inside my neck. It's VERY important to note that the tumors were plainly visible (it looked like I had the mumps on the left side of my neck) and I was already diagnosed with cancer.

I understand you're part of the forum to help you understand that many of the symptoms you're experiencing are symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms)of anxiety. IMO, based on what you've posted, indeed you can attribute your real physical symptoms to anxiety. It's that anxiety and you focusing on the symptoms that exasperates them.

Once you you settle in, it would be in your best interest to seek out a GP, explain your anxiety issues up front and get a general physical, bloods etc. I believe you'll get normal results as you did before. At that point, it would be beneficial to discuss options to treat your anxiety.

I truly hope you start feeling better soon. You've been through a lot and it would be stressful regardless of having anxiety. Certainly it's been challenging but the worst is over and it's uphill from here :)

Positive thoughts

dally
06-05-16, 01:05
The feelings of not being able to get a breath or throat problems can definitely be put down to anxiety. Anxiety = adrenalin=Hyperventilation will alter the O2/co2 levels and your breathing alters as your body attempts to correct the levels.

The throat problems you experience could also be caused by anxiety constricting the muscles if the neck and shoulders which tighten and pull on the shoulder and neck muscles.

As FMP says, the sooner you get a medical check, the quicker you will be reassured.
Take care c

netminder1976
06-05-16, 14:12
I get this all the time and my pulse is always about 60. I'm no doctor by any means but I believe if enough oxygen wasn't getting to where it needed then your pulse would rise to bring more oxygen filled blood to them. When I have this it feels like there is a bubble in my stomach and it's hard to take a deep breath. I totally agree with Dally about it being hyperventilation. I try and force myself to take some deep breaths and hold them for a couple seconds, sometimes it seems tough but it helps.

mnaha
06-05-16, 19:59
Michael,

The uncomfortable sensation in my throat were from two 5+cm tumors pressing in structures inside my neck. It's VERY important to note that the tumors were plainly visible (it looked like I had the mumps on the left side of my neck) and I was already diagnosed with cancer.

I understand you're part of the forum to help you understand that many of the symptoms you're experiencing are symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms)of anxiety. IMO, based on what you've posted, indeed you can attribute your real physical symptoms to anxiety. It's that anxiety and you focusing on the symptoms that exasperates them.

Once you you settle in, it would be in your best interest to seek out a GP, explain your anxiety issues up front and get a general physical, bloods etc. I believe you'll get normal results as you did before. At that point, it would be beneficial to discuss options to treat your anxiety.

I truly hope you start feeling better soon. You've been through a lot and it would be stressful regardless of having anxiety. Certainly it's been challenging but the worst is over and it's uphill from here :)

Positive thoughts

You are very kind. Thank you for your input. I think you may be right.

---------- Post added at 11:56 ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 ----------

The feelings of not being able to get a breath or throat problems can definitely be put down to anxiety. Anxiety = adrenalin=Hyperventilation will alter the O2/co2 levels and your breathing alters as your body attempts to correct the levels.

The throat problems you experience could also be caused by anxiety constricting the muscles if the neck and shoulders which tighten and pull on the shoulder and neck muscles.

As FMP says, the sooner you get a medical check, the quicker you will be reassured.
Take care c

Thank you Daily, I appreciate your input.

---------- Post added at 11:59 ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 ----------

I get this all the time and my pulse is always about 60. I'm no doctor by any means but I believe if enough oxygen wasn't getting to where it needed then your pulse would rise to bring more oxygen filled blood to them. When I have this it feels like there is a bubble in my stomach and it's hard to take a deep breath. I totally agree with Dally about it being hyperventilation. I try and force myself to take some deep breaths and hold them for a couple seconds, sometimes it seems tough but it helps.

Thank you for your input. I hope this is all that it is. I didn't die during the night but sure felt like I was. It seems that I start feeling like I am choking in the afternoons and through the night and then the feeling of not breathing comes and goes during the day and sometimes into the night. I also have a feeling in my stomach of a bubble too also it feels like there is a belt there across my stomach. This is all new to me and just scary. Thank you for your time and input. I hope its nothing and I will feel better and get on with my life.