PDA

View Full Version : Not doing very good. Feeling unwell.

little.miss.worry
07-05-16, 00:43
Hello all.

I just thought I'd make a quick post. I'm sort of worrying. But I'm trying not to think the worst which, is quite difficult at this moment in time. It all started last week. (Saturday) I started to feel rotten and the ear pain started so I thought oh heck ear infection. And I thought don't run to the doctors try and get rid of it myself. I had some ear spray in, after a few days it felt better. So I popped to the doctors yesterday just to double check it was gone and luckily I got rid. But, I said that my neck is still very tender in which he said it's bound to feel sore and it'll get back to normal. It started to feel better admittedly.

Unfortunately, my gum started to feel swollen and sore but I didn't mention it because I thought oh maybe I cut it by eating something sharp if that makes sense.(I suffer from gum infections every few months, unsure why) But nope. It's got worse, ear pain is back (you can get ear pain with dental related problems so I got told once.) To be honest I just feel so run down and I'm starting to panic a little. I do have antibiotics in for a gum infection (got given an extra batch from last time so I didn't have to go back to the dentist if it happened again because it's a faff getting their and getting appointments.) I'm unsure as to leave it, see if it gets better or just take the tablets. Because i don't want to take them needlessly and I'm unsure what to do.

I think, the thing that's bothering me the most is that I have a presentation on Monday that is getting assessed which I get a grade for at Uni. And I don't want to fee like.. I'm too ill to do it. Or I mess up because I'm not feeling right if that makes sense.

---------- Post added 07-05-16 at 00:43 ---------- Previous post was 06-05-16 at 23:28 ----------

?

Traceypo
07-05-16, 12:47
Hi Emily, is there any change? Are you 100% sure it's a dental infection as if not I wouldn't recommend taking the antibiotics as I believe they're strong ones for those types of infections.
Could you get to a walk in for a check?
Hope you're feeling better soon.
Xxx

little.miss.worry
07-05-16, 18:42
Hi Emily, is there any change? Are you 100% sure it's a dental infection as if not I wouldn't recommend taking the antibiotics as I believe they're strong ones for those types of infections.
Could you get to a walk in for a check?
Hope you're feeling better soon.
Xxx

Hey, no there isn't, my gum ear and neck are still very sore. I'm pretty sure it is my gum as I know the symptoms of it now, unfortunately. :( They are strong ones also. But they are still out on the side and i haven't taken any as of yet.

As for the walk in centre, I did that the first time I had one. I waited for 2 hours as soon as I said it was my gum they turned me away. I was literally in the room for about 30 seconds it was ridiculous. Because they told me to go to the dentist which obviously wasn't open. Luckily, my doctors know i have problems in terms of getting an infected gum so they just give me the appropriate antibiotic when needed.

I think i might end up taking it as the pain is quite bad, unfortunately. :( xxx

Beckybecks
07-05-16, 19:04
Sounds like you know what the problem is from past experience. Best to take the antibiotics. The sooner you take them the sooner you'll feel better xx

little.miss.worry
07-05-16, 19:09
Sounds like you know what the problem is from past experience. Best to take the antibiotics. The sooner you take them the sooner you'll feel better xx

Exactly, I think I may have too :( I mean I could wait till Monday but I'd only make myself worse xx

Traceypo
08-05-16, 08:18
My Doctor gives me spare antibiotics for my ear, he trusts that I know the symptoms enough to self medicate. If your certain that's what it is then take them. Awful reaction from the walk in, I appreciate that a dentist can diagnose but I'm fairly certain they would have learnt the basics of mouth, teeth and gum issues in their vast training.
Hope you feel able to do your presentation, good luck.
Xxx

little.miss.worry
08-05-16, 15:25
My Doctor gives me spare antibiotics for my ear, he trusts that I know the symptoms enough to self medicate. If your certain that's what it is then take them. Awful reaction from the walk in, I appreciate that a dentist can diagnose but I'm fairly certain they would have learnt the basics of mouth, teeth and gum issues in their vast training.
Hope you feel able to do your presentation, good luck.
Xxx

I ended up taking them and I'm already starting to feel better thankfully! and I know, it was ridiculous :(

But thank you! xxx