PDA

View Full Version : toughbutvunerable

Toughbutvunerable
07-05-16, 10:48
Hi everyone, I am new to this site and I just want to introduce myself. I am a married 39 year old man, good job, lovely hhome, wonderful partner and family. Over the last few months I noticed changd in myself, as an avid gym goer, I suddenly started losing motivation in the gym, I found the pounding music an irritant and unsettling. I found the evening gym times overcrowded and claustrophobic. In work, the constant office chatter became a total annoyance, I felt overloaded with work, I worried I wasnt doing my job properly. My appetite started to wane (I generally eat like a horse) I just lost interest in food. I then became teary, started having unusual thoughts all whichh really frightened me, all this time I kept making excuses and hoping it would pass. Eventually after six months I went to the Dr this week, I was apologetic for wasting his time and for my silly way I was feeling. The Dr was amazing, so understanding and reassuring, told me I was one of many and not being able yo cope was nothing to be ashamed of. He signed me off for 2 weeks and has given me citalopram 20mg and propopanol for anxiety and high blood pressure. I havent taken the propanolol yet (as I hate taking meds) I am on day 2 of citalopram now... feel a bit more anxious, little nauseous, tight jaw, wake up at 2am for about an hour. This site is excellent as I see we are all going through similar things, I would really appreciate any further support. God bless!!

venusbluejeans
07-05-16, 10:55
Hiya Toughbutvunerable and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

sookt
07-05-16, 18:50
Hi toughbutvulnerable,

Sounds like you are dealing with Depression and Anxiety.
Hope you feel better soon.

Lucinda07
07-05-16, 19:35
Hi
Hope things start to improve shortly.:welcome:

Mugs
07-05-16, 20:24
Hi
Give the propranolol a try, it may help to reduce any symptoms of anxiety and in addition lower your blood pressure.

pollynewsome
07-05-16, 22:25
Hiya. Propranolol was so helpful for me in the early stages of anxiety. I only took 20mg a day but had an immediate impact. I also take citolapram and I def felt more anxious whilst in the early stages. Keep strong. X

Toughbutvunerable
08-05-16, 09:03
Thankyou

hopey
08-05-16, 13:08
Hi hope you get good help from this sight. You sound as if you need help from people who are similar to you. Do hope you get on alright with your pills.
Bless you hopey.

netminder1976
08-05-16, 16:05
I sound alot like you. Also 39 year old male happily married with great children and job and home. Suddenly hit me about 2 months ago. Lost interest in things Inonce enjoyed and panicked about virtually anything. Do you have periods of this throughout the day or is it pretty constant?

Toughbutvunerable
08-05-16, 21:23
Hi netminder, it comes and goes, I try not to dwell on it and to keep myself busy, I know its not always easy. This forum and others are v helpful as you dont feel so alone. I am on my 4th dayof the tablets 20mg, I do feel calmer somewhat. Hang in there buddy and think positive.