PDA

View Full Version : Help in different country and having massive panic attax

katie92
07-05-16, 17:19
I've been anxious all day and panicky I had few fags and feel like my throat gonna close up and gonna stop smoking till I get bk at home also I think every time I eat or drink i feel like I'm gonna get one of them shocks where ur allergic to and ur throat swells up and can't breath I just can't stop panicking feel like Rubish all day please will some
Help me please :((((( xxx

Mugs
07-05-16, 17:34
Do you know what started it, are you worried about something?

katie92
07-05-16, 17:59
Just feel not save I get anxiety any ways xx

Mugs
07-05-16, 18:18
You don't feel safe?
Are you alone?

katie92
07-05-16, 18:46
No with my partner and my son can anxious make u feel like ur throat closing up I can't get rid off it xxx

Beckybecks
07-05-16, 19:00
Yes anxiety can make you feel that your throat is closing up. I've experienced this. I had nobody to tell me what it was so I hardly ate as I felt I couldn't swallow. Once I Went for councelling and the therapist explained it to me, I relaxed about it and like magic my throat seemingly opened up and I could swallow again.
So what I'm telling you is, try to relax, it's a normal anxiety symptom. Your throat isn't going to close up.

Mugs
07-05-16, 20:28
Yes it can, absolutely.
Take deep slow breaths into and out of your belly, nice and slow.:)

katie92
07-05-16, 21:21
Thank you so much means a lot so to get rid of anxious it's to relax can help me on some tips as I'm on holiday cx

Beckybecks
07-05-16, 21:44
As suggested above, deep breathing exercises are good for relaxation. So is walking. Avoid any stimulants like alcohol, caffeine, chocolate. Try to eat regularly, drink lots of water. Find people to talk to. About anything, just to take your mind off your anxiety. And try to enjoy your holiday!

katie92
08-05-16, 08:31
Yeah stop drinking just drinking water when I can I've had couple chocolate bars wen I can coz not eating at all will that be ok? Go home late hours Tuesday can't wait il be ok if don't eat to them won't I just can't eat anyone surgedt something for the plane I had few drinks to get here I was fine but alcohol in Spain not same can't get drunk off it or it don't Carm me down ??!!

Beckybecks
08-05-16, 08:47
When my anxiety was bad and I couldn't eat I used to suck on squares of chocolate. But my doctor told me that chocolate is a stimulant so best not to eat it when you feel anxious. I then started making a very milky cereal mix that I could drink.
If you don't eat at all you won't feel too good and that could trigger more anxiety so try to find something that's easy to swallow.
Do you have any medication to help you for the flight?
If not, try Rescue Remedy and Chamomile tea. They both help to keep you calm.

Petesy
08-05-16, 14:31
I've had the same thing and i too was with my whole family in Spain and i got all the symptoms your describing tookme a few days to feel less anxious and the throat thing is a normal anxiety symptom, it's scary but once you breathe properly i know it's hard to do so when it's a panic attack but it'll bring the level of intensity down for you too rationalise the situation for e.g what triggered it?..in a different country..unfamiliar surroundings...not having the comfort of home..because this would be absolutely normal for any anxiety Sufferer..because right now you're really over sensitised and mind is going like 100mph..I suggest you take yourself to the hotel room with your partner and child..sit down explain how you're feeling take a moment for yourself and even get your partner too breathe with you..then when you're settled go for a nice walk, take water with you and eat light stuff until you feel like eating proper grub...

Honestly you'll be ok! I was the exact same.. Even show your partner this website.

Take care and don't let it spoil your holiday.

Petesy. :hugs:

---------- Post added at 14:31 ---------- Previous post was at 13:46 ----------

I honestly need too practice what i preach..because I'm pretty bad and I'm in my home.

Hope you're ok.