PDA

View Full Version : Thank you all! And Goodbye!

claireypoo
10-03-07, 20:42
Hi there everyone :)

Just want to let you know i won't be coming on this site for a while... i feel it's time to move on as I am 99.9 per cent recovered and I do feel like i'm my "normal" (or should i say "usual" lol ) self again and I find I want to get busy living "out there" again!

My thanks to the people on this site for helping me through a difficult time in my life - This site is a great thing especially for people new to panic and anxiety, i think (like i was) - it helps so much to know you're not alone.

Anyway I have made some great friends here and thanks to everyone!

As encouragement to anyone not there yet, all I can say is "YOU CAN GET BETTER!!!"

After a period of intense stress I developed quite severe HA (mainly) with loadsa PA's and a few obsessions thrown in for good measure! My recovery came from therapy (lots - CBT, REBT, and analysis) meds (6 months on a very low dose of citalopram - 5mg) and would recommend Claire Weekes "Self help for your nerves" and "Essential help for your nerves" to anyone. They really explain why you get the symptoms and odd feelings you do with anx and also helps partners/ parents/ friends understand too (if you can get them to read it!)

All the best to you all - NEVER lose hope, you can turn the corner and find recovery even in your worst setback!

Hugs to you all.

Claireypoo
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

P.S. If anyone is waiting for CBT on an NHS waiting list (I scraped the money together and went private cos the waiting list was 2 yrs. It was a lot, but totally worth it...)

This is how i found my CBT based therapists http://www.babcp.com/ (use the "find a therapist" search and it will find a therapist in your area - if there are any! Also it's worth asking if they have reduced rates for people on low incomes if you're not in work - some do!

But if that's not for you - try this site - it's NHS funded online CBT course - and it's free! www.livinglifetothefull.co.uk (http://www.livinglifetothefull.co.uk) - it's handy to put you on the right path while you are waiting! (i still use the anx control training as it's so relaxing!)

Good luck!

Piglet
10-03-07, 20:52
Wishing you all the very best and it's lovely to hear how well you are doing - don't forget NMP is like a drop in centre, so you are always welcome at anytime and it would be lovely to hear how you continue to progress! :D

Piglet :flowers:

kazzie
10-03-07, 21:30
Lovely to read such an inspiring story wishing you all the best for the future and let us know how you are getting on:yesyes:

Luv Kaz x x x

trac67
10-03-07, 21:49
That is so good to hear how well you are doing and how far you have come, good luck for the future and for everything you do :D

Love

Trac xx

jodie
10-03-07, 21:52
all the best hun nice to know we can get better from this:)

jo xx

EebyJeeby
10-03-07, 22:18
That's great news. Glad you are feeling so much better and thanks for letting everyone know how you achieved your recovery.

Best wishes to you for a busy and happy future!

Eeb x

eeyorelover
10-03-07, 22:22
So glad to hear that you are doing so well!!! Drop in from time to time and say Hi - ok???!!!!
:winks:
xxx
Sandy

manmoor
10-03-07, 22:33
All the best to you Claire xx

Granny Primark
11-03-07, 08:48
Lovely to hear of your success story Claire.
Good luck in everything you do.

Take care
LYNN xx

jo61
11-03-07, 09:40
Best of luck to you. I'm really pleased you feel you can check out at this point. I've been tempted myself to do so but like chatting on here even though I'm a lot better. I'm hoping that I can help others through my own experience. Don't forget to pop back from time to time to say hello.

heths
11-03-07, 11:53
It's great to hear your feeling much better, :yesyes: Good luck for the future

nomorepanic
11-03-07, 12:13
Claire

Oh what a lovely post to read. :hugs: :yesyes:

I want to wish you all the best for the future and please do come back from time to time to let us know how you are doing.

I am so pleased things are on the up for you - you deserve it all.

P.S. We can now go and thrash Claire on the games :blush: :ohmy:

kate
11-03-07, 14:16
Awww, so good to see that things are going well for you! :byebye: and hope you will pop back and see us occasionally!

Kate

QueenVictoria
11-03-07, 17:32
CLAIR!! 8[[ i'll miss you, but go for it! congrats!

groovygranny
11-03-07, 18:41
All the best Clarypoo! :hugs:

I'll never forget your signature - love it hahahaha!!

lotsa luv

GG :emot-dance:

xx

Southern_Belle
13-03-07, 21:44
So happy for you Claire, what a great success story. Good luck and keep in touch.

Hugs,

Laura

yorkylover
13-03-07, 23:40
Good Luck,so glad you are doing so well:byebye: :byebye: :byebye: :byebye: