PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety turned into depression

Mugs
07-05-16, 22:51
Hi
My anxiety has turned into depression, I can't believe I am finally getting relief from my physical symptoms and now I'm really feeling down.
Was the high anxiety just covering up the depression?
Is this something I just have to put up with for a while?
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thank-you.
Mugs

Shazamataz
07-05-16, 23:35
Hi Mugs,

I ended up depressed because of the anxiety as it just wasn't getting better so I suppose it's no surprise to be low in thes situations. I had to leave work and had to rely on people a lot just to survive. That's why they put me on the Mirtazapine which I do think lifted my mood but hadn't really helped with the anxiety.

What are you taking for the physical symptoms?

Mugs
07-05-16, 23:43
Hi
I'm on pregabalin, don't know if it's what's helping or not.
Also a muscle relaxant. I get terrible squeezing in my gut with anxiety.

---------- Post added at 22:43 ---------- Previous post was at 22:40 ----------

Since coming off Mirtazapine my appetite is completely gone.
I have never been a big eater but this is rediculous!
Thanks

Shazamataz
07-05-16, 23:53
I asked my psychiatrist about pregbalin as many people on here seem to find a benefit from it but we can't get it for anxiety.

You may find your mood settles once your body is used to not having the Mirtazapine?

My appetite is completely gone too and I'm still on 30mg Mirt. Put on 5 kg in the first 5 weeks and then things settled because the anxiety is worse I think :(

Carnation
07-05-16, 23:54
Unfortunately Anxiety and Depression go hand in hand like.
They are connected, linked and they bounce of each other.
It's like a vicious circle. You have anxiety, you get depressed, the depression feeds the anxiety and then you get more depressed and it goes on and on.

So, you need to tackle this with changing your routine, doing some new things and find the things that make you feel good. Never fight the depression. You can't anyway, but you CAN let it stay in the background while you concentrate on distracting from it.
Just simple things like walking, listening to music, gardening, some hobby or gentle sport and it will help. x

Mugs
08-05-16, 00:59
I asked my psychiatrist about pregbalin as many people on here seem to find a benefit from it but we can't get it for anxiety.

You may find your mood settles once your body is used to not having the Mirtazapine?

My appetite is completely gone too and I'm still on 30mg Mirt. Put on 5 kg in the first 5 weeks and then things settled because the anxiety is worse I think :(

Pregabalin is off label here for anxiety but docs can still prescribe it for anything they like.
My pdoc is from Ireland where he has used it for anxiety.
I'm still holding out hope for feeling better either from being off mirtazapine or being on pregabalin.
Did I mention I HATE meds?:scared15:
Thanks