PDA

View Full Version : Sertraline Bad Experience

markus674
08-05-16, 10:10
I've been having issues with health anxiety recently, which has left me feeling quite depressed so I'm struggling to deal with life. I asked the doctor if she could prescribe me anything to help and she prescribed me Sertraline. She did warn me that it can make you more anxious at first, and she wasn't kidding.

I took my first pill on Friday night and woke up 5am on Saturday almost in a full blown panic attack. I felt so jittery, anxious and panicky I just couldn't settle. I immediately decided I wouldn't take another one because I just can't handle something that's going to make me more anxious than I already am.

Has anyone else experienced this type of reaction? I'm so disappointed as I really wanted something to help me through this, but now I'm too scared to try it again. Are there any other alternative medications which are less likely to make you feel more anxious?

Shazamataz
08-05-16, 10:26
Hi Markus,

Unfortunately the Seretonin meds like setrtaline are notorious for increasing anxiety to start with. However this does ease and many people have great success on them.

I failed at sertraline as I couldn't keep any food down and couldn't stay off the toilet. I wonder if you could give it another try? Or ask the doc for something to help with the increased anxiety temporarily?