PDA

View Full Version : Now I'm worried about my kidneys

getharchangel
09-05-16, 11:03
I haven't posted here in quite a while and last time I did you all made me feel a lot better than I had been before, yet reassurance can only last so long! But now that I've actually moved on to something else to worry about, I've been getting this burning pain in my lower right back, closer to my side. I've been thinking that it's either a UTI or something like kidney stones- but this is according to 'doctor google'! I haven't had any burning when I go to use the bathroom. But about an hour or two ago, this 'pain' or 'burning' sensation in my side has started getting worse, and I'm honestly just spooked at the idea of what it could possibly be.

Yet, another interesting thing is that this fear of kidney-related problems started whenever my mother had been diagnosed with kidney stones about 5 years ago whenever I was around 9 or so, and I've been scared of them ever since! It's not any new thing that one part of my mind thinks that I have something that is very serious while another says 'you will be fine, just go to the doctor, even then he will tell you you are fine.' But yes, reassurance does never last too long, I'll always find something new to worry about. And in this case it is my kidneys and this weird burning sensation in the right side of my back. which I am thinking is probably a feelingsensation created by my anxiety!

Fishmanpa
09-05-16, 13:16
I think the question you need to ask yourself is: Were you right about melanoma or leukemia? If the answer is "no" (which it is), then that's the answer about kidney issues at 15 years old ;)

That, and the thread title itself as well as the post suggests it as a fear as opposed to an actual physical ailment.

Positive thoughts