PDA

View Full Version : tiny black,and other speckles in eyes

fruity
09-05-16, 12:40
when the suns out and I look out my window up to the sky theres loads of black and silver speckles in my eyes. I,ve had floaters there my main thing but this happened yestaday and scared me rotten. I never have my eyes checked I'm too scared.

countrygirl
09-05-16, 17:18
Looking at the light will mean everything in your eyes - all the debris etc show up as specks and colours, silver and almost clear are common.

As lots know I have severe sight problems so have had a lifetime of knowing whats red flag for eye problems and what isn't.

Nothing you have said would worry me.

Get yourself a normal optician eye test in the high street, not because there is anythng wrong but once you have it you will know that there really is nothing wrong with your eyes other than the stuff eveyrone sees.

ServerError
09-05-16, 18:01
I had this exact experience a couple of months ago. I probably posted about it on here, I don't remember.

In any case, I went to a high street optician and was really impressed with the service. I thought it would be a bit of a sales pitch so I was prepared to take their advice with a pinch of salt, but there really is an eye professional back there with your interests as their first priority (at least that's how it seemed to me).

In any case, I told her about the floaters and myriad weird things going on in my vision and I explained I had anxiety and she said she gets a lot of people with the condition worried about their eyesight and describing the same things as me. However, the test showed that I have exceptional eyesight - she actually said it was better than 20/20.

I have a few floaters that will never go away as it's debris that has built up and will always be there, but being able to put my worries to bed meant all of a sudden my eyesight just seemed better. I've not worried about it since and most of the time I don't notice those permanent black floaters I have.

fruity
09-05-16, 18:20
thanks countrygirl

---------- Post added at 18:20 ---------- Previous post was at 18:18 ----------

servererror thanx for reply. glad your visions good

poppy77
09-05-16, 22:26
I would say floaters as well - I noticed this in my eyes a few years ago and freaked out. I went to the optician who checked my eyes and said they were just normal floaters. They will not harm your eyes. She did explain how they were caused but I can't remember!

My advice would be to go to the opticians for a check up so they can put your mind at ease.

Mugs
10-05-16, 04:28
Just floaters, nothing to worry about.
When old blood vessels in the back of the eyes break up and make way for new ones they often leave little bits of debris behind.
Perfectly normal.