PDA

View Full Version : 4 weeks at 10 and now 4 weeks at 20mg

pollynewsome
09-05-16, 14:45
Hi guys, so far i have done 4 weeks at 10mg and just reached 4 wk at 20mg.. i have had some horrible side affects at times but mostly been feeling less anxious. However the last couple of days felt dreadful again. Anxious, exhausted, low mood, no motivation and starving! Well fed up cos i thought i had turned the corner. Is it still early days for the 20mg to be properly working? someone posted that 6 to 8 weeks is kinda when you will feel the benefit but i guess we are all different. I may need to increase.. oh well any thoughts would be welcome. Going to book docs for next week. Thanks

mark84
09-05-16, 15:01
well I think 10mg for most people is too lower dose, it's a way of easing in to it without having to deal with as many initial side effects as normal though. I'd say the 6-8 week area is the time you will see progress, but i'd discount the first 4 weeks @10mg and start the countdown from when you started the 20mg, if you feel some relief but not as much as you'd hope you can always ask for 30mg after that and see how it goes. Best of luck.

Victory2016
09-05-16, 15:22
I agree with mark the count needs to start from the 20mg. I have read some posts on here and from dr google lol that some people finally felt normal around 12 weeks. Today is day 35 @ 20mg and I am starting to finally see waves of feeling anxiety/depression free, but I won't even think about changing the dose until I hit the 12th week. I still feel like I have a ways to go.

pollynewsome
09-05-16, 18:15
Awww ty guys for your replies. Just needed that reassurance from fellow citolapram / anti ds med users. i am def better than i was but was better last week than i am this but i will keep focused and do the 12 weeks at 20mg.. Thanks again!