PDA

View Full Version : I seriously am a loser

stay_gold
09-05-16, 19:49
I want to do my provisional license, and I am required to get a signature because my passport expired.
It can't be family and I barely see my friends, I don't have a lot anyway, I don't work at the moment and my doctor doesn't do it anymore (I should be able to count on my doctor but whatever).
It makes me realise I have nobody real and have done f all with my life, I can't even do this to move forward a bit , I know this will help my anxiety, the driving.

netminder1976
09-05-16, 22:05
Surely you have neighbors, try to build up the courage and talk to one and explain your situation and maybe they'll help you out .

Lucinda07
10-05-16, 06:39
I would also suggest trying one of your neighbours.
Dont be hard on yourself because of this!

MyNameIsTerry
10-05-16, 06:41
How about asking your bank? Or if you attend church, a minister or whatever they may be called?

miserable git
15-05-16, 20:19
I want to do my provisional license, and I am required to get a signature because my passport expired.
It can't be family and I barely see my friends, I don't have a lot anyway, I don't work at the moment and my doctor doesn't do it anymore (I should be able to count on my doctor but whatever).
It makes me realise I have nobody real and have done f all with my life, I can't even do this to move forward a bit , I know this will help my anxiety, the driving.

How can you afford to drive if you have no job in the first place?

stay_gold
19-05-16, 20:44
How can you afford to drive if you have no job in the first place?

My mum has offered to pay as she thinks it will boost my confidence.

HalfJack
19-05-16, 22:49
That's a great idea, I went to college to boost mine and it really helped me get better.

I had the same problem as you, so did my boyfriend and lots of my friends. It's a common issue, we're not losers. Doctors aren't allowed to do it anymore and I was totally stuck, I had no one to help me out and I felt really stressed about it.

I managed to sort mine out through a family friend of my mothers, but my boyfriend wrote to his MP about it and the MP essentially offered to help out! There are lots of things you can do, there will be someone who can help you out.

miserable git
19-05-16, 23:31
My mum has offered to pay as she thinks it will boost my confidence.

That's pretty decent of her mate.

georgewing
18-06-16, 06:14
Dont be so negative ,are people wayyy more bad than your situation .Always " think at what you want " be careful in your thoughts and when you have ones that not serve you cahnege them imedialty with ones who makes you feel beter .Doing this everyday and being persistent it will change your habitual way and your results also

dale12345
19-06-16, 00:41
Everybody has there thing, people how have not been in you situation don't truly know how you feel. Social Anxiety can be a crippling condition. It is exhausting, confusing, and doesn't make you a loser.

Noivous
19-06-16, 01:41
What exactly is going on here? What's a provisional license?

MyNameIsTerry
19-06-16, 04:53
What exactly is going on here? What's a provisional license?

It's the driving licence you get that allows you to take driving lessons. When you pass you upgrade to a full driver's licence.

We have to have signatories which tend to be people in professional positions or such as the church. It's a very outdated practice from a time when our social class meant more and we working class types were content with working down the pit all day and a horse sh1t sandwich for lunch. :doh: Back then, professional people i.e. the middle & upper classes, were seen as "trustworthy" (:roflmao:) and everyone else was a pleb.

Noivous
20-06-16, 01:50
wait...there's actually a license to get a license? Just another money maker it seems.

MyNameIsTerry
20-06-16, 04:36
wait...there's actually a license to get a license? Just another money maker it seems.

It prevents anyone from starting on the road. You get a provisional so that you have legal cover whilst learning to drive. It allows you to have lessons with a professional instructor or with an appropriate adult. Then when you pass, you simply apply because you have passed the appropriate legal tests.

If we didn't have it, anyone could jump in a car tomorrow and start driving without that cover. This way if there is an accident, it's different. It also allows for formal checks to be made against those who wish to obtain the licence.

The other way, because this is a temporary licence that expires after a short period, it means you are not legally allowed to drive on your own or obtain your own insurance. If they handed out a full licence at the start and left to responsibility of reporting them not passing their tests up to the individual, how many would bother when they could happily drive on that licence legally anyway?

randomforeigner
18-11-16, 19:20
Right! :D We have this too.

Anyway, I wonder what happened, how did it go?

nikkinik
19-11-16, 02:13
Ditto!

I wanted to do some volunteer work, got sent the forms, filled them out, got to the last page.. References needed, couldn't be family.. So I literally have no one else to ask!

I'll do your form and you can do mine! Lol

You have friends though, that's a start. I have one.. And I only text him once in a blue moon and vice versa, when I got ill I stopped going out.. Meaning I've not even seen him in RL for 11 years!

What makes you think you've not done anything with your life? X

SadMani
25-11-16, 11:16
Dont you think that maybe having your mom pay for your stuff is even more encouraging for you to keep being in your current lifestyle/comfy zone , i mean, cmonnn......