PDA

View Full Version : Now I have two problems ffs, now scared of tc :(

Lockey1995
10-05-16, 15:21
Hey,

I'm at the lowest I've ever been in my life ever I'm so depressed it's untrue feel like i don't want to do anything i just feel like sitting in a corner and crying it's that bad. Nothing cheers me up anymore.

Any way I was in the shop just and i had an ache in my scrotum and area if i remember i have had this for a while had it back in January aswell and about 4 years ago now i think damn it's gone quick i did find a lump on my right testicle it's an epidiymial cyst i think never got it checked about but it's at the very top.

Anyway after examining my testicles when i got back i don't know if my mind is playing tricks on me but I don't know if my right testicle feels a little firmer than the other, it might just be my anxiety and this pain sometimes comes after i masturbate god tmi or what.

Anyway I'm a little concerned what is meant by "Firm" testicle ?

Edit there is no other lumps at all and it feels smooth

unsure_about_this
10-05-16, 16:33
Best thing to do if you worried is pop to your GP who will examaine you and ask him to tell you meant by firm testicle.

I worry about the big c word but I do have regularly exams at the doctors because I request to do so. (I still do my own self exam)

Lifelonganxiety!
10-05-16, 17:07
They are naturally quite firm, and so when someone with Health Anxiety is asked to measure something as subjective as firmness, you're probably going to reach a conclusion that isn't true.

As the other poster said, just go make a quick appointment. It's not worth spending time worrying over something that a Dr. can look at in literally 10 seconds and give you the all clear!

Captain irrational
10-05-16, 18:58
It is perfectly normal for testicles to be asymmetrical, infact it is very common for the right one to be larger than the left (because the right usually develops first), so perhaps this is what you are feeling and is leading you to percieve that it is slightly firmer than the other? Quite honestly what you describe doesn't sound too sinister, every man gets aches and pains down there from time to time, I know I do, it is a very sensitive area.

But I agree with my fellow posters, go to your doctor if it is really concerning you this much. They will at least be able to put your mind at rest and tell you there is nothing wrong, or in the extremely unlikely event that there is a problem, you will be in a position to get it sorted. It's a win win situation really. Moping around and dwelling on the "what ifs" doesn't help you in the slightest.

Regnardgreeb
10-05-16, 22:32
All lumps should always be checked out in that area for men, although most cases they are benign.

As for the "firmness".. I agree with others (and like I said before).. make an appointment. The examination will go pretty fast. I did this myself like 4 years ago (although, I never had a lump, but I could sometimes feel pain and it felt sort of strange). It disappeared after some time when I stopped thinking about it.

But like I said, always have this looked up. Even if it would turn out to be malignant (rare) more than 90% of all patients are fully cured.

Lockey1995
10-05-16, 23:54
Cheers, guys feel a little better they feel similar now with the right one being larger i must have completely freaked out