PDA

View Full Version : No red flags but still gripped with worry

Shivmarie
10-05-16, 22:43
Stuck in a real rut, as per my previous post I've been struggling with sudden and constant pain in my right side, found traces of uti and I've got antibiotics, I have had a decreased appetite in the sense I feel hungry, but only manage 3-4 bites before I become nauseous (not full) aswell as today the pain it's in my back, both sides of my body, very occasionally light headed (though I'm sure that's anxiety) I have no red flags in terms of weight loss, pain isn't keeping/waking me up, vomiting, no fever. I only had this since Saturday. I'm just sitting in bed convinced I'm suffering something serious which has only manifested now and my days are numbered. I got the best news today and was offered a permanent job I've been working so hard for. So my irrational thinking is, got a job, now gonna have something terrible happen to me.

Lifelonganxiety!
10-05-16, 23:02
So you went to the Dr. and got evaluated?

To me, this sounds like IBS or something similar (possibly a strain from sport or just sitting the wrong way for too long). I get pains in my sides, abdomen, back, legs... lol wherever. They come and go, can be there for a week then not there. I get IBS sometimes, and put it down to wearing a belt too tight.

If you've been checked and have no red flags you're probably good.

Shivmarie
11-05-16, 10:02
I went the walk in centre, where i was given the antibiotics for UTI.
they didnt do obs but pressed where my pain was and didnt seem to concerned, i think their brief interest worried me too but im just trying to rationalise myself in terms of red flags etc.
Also i know anxiety can cause alot of physical symptoms AND that trimethoprim can cause you sickness etc aswell and throw in a stressful few days but typically cant shake the worry.
I am eating just getting sickness feeling after/during, i have had some toast this morning and gonna try and snack at least.
I do have flare ups of IBS so i'm just gonna try and resolve that and see if it helps. I was sick this morning but it was more that I made myself sick as it felt like it was just sitting on my chest and it was more acid, feel slightly better but still feel a presence but took an omeprazole again see if it makes a difference and try to banish anything that's causing it.