PDA

View Full Version : Would u like a side of anxiety with that?

sideofanxiety
11-05-16, 17:57
Hi

My name is Heather and I’ve had a little anxiety most of my life, but the anxiety got really bad 3 years ago when the stress from everything around me hit my breaking point. I would dread going home and when I was home I would curl up in my room in the farthest corner and flick my wrist several times. I had a totally illogical fear that if I left my room before 7pm (after getting home) that something bad would happen. I could recognize it wasn’t healthy (and definitely not logical) and went to my doctor. I was put on medication which slowly helped me and eventually I was able to get off. Since then I use tools I learned in therapy and sometimes some meds to help when I feel anxiety attacks coming on. I know the things that trigger it, but sometimes the the things that trigger it I can’t avoid so I have to make do with what I can.

Since then I also have an 11 year old daughter with anxiety. It’s been really hard because she used to be my fearless one and now she wants to be fearless but can’t seem to get there. I can see my own anxieties that I have had propping up through her and ones I’ve never had to deal with. It’s funny sometimes I just want to tell her not to worry, but I know that’s not how it works. Her therapist thinks she’s borderline with OCD too because she has obsessive thoughts.

I have an extreme fear of judgment. I can’t even be on most social media because of it, which in today’s world can get pretty lonely.

Thanks for your time!

Heather.

venusbluejeans
11-05-16, 18:03
Hiya sideofanxiety and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: