PDA

View Full Version : I Need Help!

Colicab85
11-05-16, 19:43
Hi All.

New here.

Please help me, reassure me, whatever.

I'm going out my mind, 3 weeks ago I started with sudden headaches and I've been a wreck since. I've had twitches, aches, pains in my back, nausea, diarrhea and above all catastrophic anxiety and irritability.

I've diagnosed myself with brain tumours, brain aneurysms, meningitis, MS! Everything. I've been to A+E 3 times, once for an ECG because I had chest pains, other times cos I was going out my mind and I felt like I needed that small amount of reassurance that you get after a professional tells you you're ok. I've had eye tests done to check for intracranial pressure etc and all is well.

Last night I had a consultation with a neurologist at a private hospital (I get medical insurance through work), and he said there was nothing wrong with me (I am booked in for an MRI with contrast next week to provide me "peace of mind" in his words).

I want to believe that I'm fine, I'm trying so hard to believe. Some nights I feel fine, my head feels less foggy and I feel a little more me and then I wake the next day with a minor headache and I think "this is a symptom of a brain tumour" and then I'm a wreck all day.

Please help! I need to know what to do to get out of this? Why the f**k can't I believe these experts? They know what they are talking about. The neurologist was great.

I'm under monumental pressure at work and I'm currently buying my first house which might explain it. The thought of going to work fills me with dread.

I just feel so upset all the time, I'm putting so much pressure on my partner, who I love more than anything.

I just want help so much. I'm sobbing uncontrollably everyday.

Thanks.

Elen
11-05-16, 19:51
Have a look at the health anxiety info on the home page.

There is loads of info there to explain why you are finding it so difficult to believe the experts.

KatiePink
12-08-16, 10:59
Hi All.

New here.

Please help me, reassure me, whatever.

I'm going out my mind, 3 weeks ago I started with sudden headaches and I've been a wreck since. I've had twitches, aches, pains in my back, nausea, diarrhea and above all catastrophic anxiety and irritability.

I've diagnosed myself with brain tumours, brain aneurysms, meningitis, MS! Everything. I've been to A+E 3 times, once for an ECG because I had chest pains, other times cos I was going out my mind and I felt like I needed that small amount of reassurance that you get after a professional tells you you're ok. I've had eye tests done to check for intracranial pressure etc and all is well.

Last night I had a consultation with a neurologist at a private hospital (I get medical insurance through work), and he said there was nothing wrong with me (I am booked in for an MRI with contrast next week to provide me "peace of mind" in his words).

I want to believe that I'm fine, I'm trying so hard to believe. Some nights I feel fine, my head feels less foggy and I feel a little more me and then I wake the next day with a minor headache and I think "this is a symptom of a brain tumour" and then I'm a wreck all day.

Please help! I need to know what to do to get out of this? Why the f**k can't I believe these experts? They know what they are talking about. The neurologist was great.

I'm under monumental pressure at work and I'm currently buying my first house which might explain it. The thought of going to work fills me with dread.

I just feel so upset all the time, I'm putting so much pressure on my partner, who I love more than anything.

I just want help so much. I'm sobbing uncontrollably everyday.

Thanks.

Sorry for bumping this up but it sounds so much like me, minus the house buying details i have felt exactly the same. Health anxiety is just terrible. You've had a fair few tests and it's clear you are physically well. I too can never seem to accept that.

I'll tell you something though being down, depressed and just generally not happy 100000% makes you feel unwell and have the most bizarre symptoms. I was so so ill for nearly 6 months to the point i could not function, i had headaches nearly everyday, back problems, my neck seized up which required physiotherapy, vision issue's, coming down with colds and infections all the time, pain in my ribs, stomach issue's, off balance feelings, tingling and twitches literally i could go on all day.

And there was nothing wrong absolutely nothing physically wrong with me except i was so god damn anxious all the time, even when i didn't think i was anxious your body doesn't just stop like that, and stress can have affects long after the stressful period so it was a constant. I'm glad to say i am much better now and back in work after being on long term sick. I pretty much stayed in the house for a whole 6 months and then would wonder why my body seemed to be shutting down on me, and it's simply because i wasn't living a healthy life.

Trying to stop myself googling my symptoms was one of the biggest challenges by far, and although i haven't needed to in quite a while i know that i have it in me somewhere to still do it, it takes a lot to not do it because you really believe you are at risk. Have you considered any therapy like CBT?

Colicab85
12-08-16, 16:44
Hey!

Start therapy soon I hope.