PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk poo

helenhoo
12-05-16, 11:11
Isn't really a worry of mine but it's lurking. I've had on/off worries about my poop for a while and been at my lowest gawping at it and taking photos of it. But that was old me.

A friends aunt has bowel cancer. So me being me I googled. I took assurance in fact it's usually older people and rarely in anyone under 40. But of course as we do we like to imagine we too have a synptm of it.

**POO TALK AHEAD**

I poo twice a day usually. Good colour. Usually Type 3 on Bristol stool chart but sometimes and currently smaller lumps. Still similar to type 3 but smaller. I worry this is 'change in BM' when I know it isn't. I also worry I've been having pain in my abs when it could just be General aches and pains.

Gary A
12-05-16, 11:19
Can I ask you what the point of this is? I haven't been posting in a while but I do recall that you have had severe health anxiety about a whole host of things in the past.

You should know by now that a golden rule is to never, under any circumstances, Google symptoms or illnesses when you suffer with health anxiety.

The problem with you is that you know too much but at the same time, you don't know enough. You seem to obsess over things like this, which is pretty baffling. It's almost like you want to have something to worry about.

Stop this nonsense, try to avoid looking for reasons to fret. If there's something drastically wrong with your body, it will let you know, there really is no need for you to poke, prod and scan in some bizarre attempt to declare yourself unwell.

Hypo
12-05-16, 13:28
Still similar to type 3 but smaller. I worry this is 'change in BM' when I know it isn't

That's your answer. You answered it yourself.

Now stop looking at your poo. If there is a change that is worrisome you will know about it without needing to inspect it.

Nip this one in the bud now :)

MyNameIsTerry
12-05-16, 13:31
Reb,

An anxiety disorder is going to cause so many periods of GI changes that it would highly unusual, if not rare, for us not to experience them. I've had many and all through my life long before anxiety started, what we eat and how we feel plays a huge part in what comes out the other end and in what format.

Be wary of creating a new context for your OCD to make an issue of. I don't plan on ever looking at a Bristol Poo Chart in my life.

helenhoo
12-05-16, 14:43
I know I know and I'm doing well anxiety wise, my infamous aunt even commented on it!

Mindknot
12-05-16, 15:17
The food we put in tends to be irregularly sized, different weights and has different contents from day to day, so it follows that it's gonna end up a bit different at the other end too. ;)

Allow some flexibility, you are not a robot.

Noivous
12-05-16, 16:40
Awhile back I just stopped going. Just like that. And I mean stopped - for about 8 weeks! Scared the shit out of me. Not literally of course - wish it had. Abdomen CT scan. Nothing to see - except shit. Went on psyllium for a bit and that got things flowing. All stress induced. And I'm not shitting...no wait, actually I am. But you know what I mean.

N.

---------- Post added at 15:40 ---------- Previous post was at 15:19 ----------

BTW - Useless factoid of the day. S.H.I.T. is an acronym for Ship High In Transit. It used to be stamped on crates of fertilizer crossing the ocean on cargo ships to keep it from getting wet.

helenhoo
12-05-16, 17:37
Haha thanks for the responses guys. I'm getting there. Still haven't learnt to control triggers (reading of hearing about an illness death and them googling) but I will!

---------- Post added at 17:37 ---------- Previous post was at 17:13 ----------

Apparently the friends aunt is close to the end. This scares me a lot. Her family are casually talking about her death and how quickly it's happened. She is in her late 60s but the fear for me is still there.

Fishmanpa
12-05-16, 18:02
Awhile back I just stopped going. Just like that. And I mean stopped - for about 8 weeks! Scared the shit out of me. Not literally of course - wish it had. Abdomen CT scan. Nothing to see - except shit. Went on psyllium for a bit and that got things flowing. All stress induced. And I'm not shitting...no wait, actually I am. But you know what I mean.

N.

---------- Post added at 15:40 ---------- Previous post was at 15:19 ----------

BTW - Useless factoid of the day. S.H.I.T. is an acronym for Ship High In Transit. It used to be stamped on crates of fertilizer crossing the ocean on cargo ships to keep it from getting wet.

No Shit?! Literally it seems! :roflmao: And the x-ray showed you were full of shit too! ;)

Positive thoughts

Noivous
12-05-16, 18:25
Thats exactly what my doc said! Lol! The one liners are endless!

George Carlin said Shit is the most used word in the English language. As in no shit, youre shitting me, Oh shit, holy shit, I'd rather shit or go blind, you're full of shit, I was shitfaced...:D

Fishmanpa
12-05-16, 18:33
Well... you know what they say about poo threads.... They're like a$$holes... there are lots of them and they all stink! :whistles:

Positive thoughts

Noivous
12-05-16, 22:16
Well... you know what they say about poo threads.... They're like a$$holes... there are lots of them and they all stink! :whistles:

Positive thoughts

Evidently:yahoo:

Mugs
13-05-16, 02:04
I had a patient once whose official diagnosis was "Fecal Loading." Full of shit.

Noivous
13-05-16, 02:20
Hahahaha!! That's funny!

MyNameIsTerry
13-05-16, 05:15
I had a patient once whose official diagnosis was "Fecal Loading." Full of shit.

That's a core competency over here for what we call Members of Parliament (MP). Regular purging with diarrhea is common in this condition. :D

ServerError
13-05-16, 05:21
I poo twice a day usually. Good colour.

It's interesting - I posted this exact statement on my online dating profile.

I'm still single... :weep:

Mugs
13-05-16, 05:23
Well Michael, it would certainly be on my list of must haves, even over hair and teeth!:roflmao:
Mugs

MyNameIsTerry
13-05-16, 05:24
It's interesting - I posted this exact statement on my online dating profile.

I'm still single... :weep:

I would have thought that is just screaming out Mr Reliable. :D

Noivous
13-05-16, 12:10
...yeah...and just an all around "regular" guy:)

MyNameIsTerry
13-05-16, 12:24
...yeah...and just an all around "regular" guy:)

No hesitation, if he plans on doing it, it always gets done. A guy that always "follows through". :D

Noivous
13-05-16, 12:52
A guy that can go with the flow!

...this is too easy

Fishmanpa
13-05-16, 15:08
A guy that can go with the flow!

Is confident and doesn't take shit from anyone ;)

Positive thoughts and poo threads

ServerError
13-05-16, 16:44
...this is too easy

I've been told this is one reason why I'm still single.

Yeah, it's that and the poo thing.

Fishmanpa
13-05-16, 22:02
...this is too easy

That's what she said! ~lol~

Positive thoughts