PDA

View Full Version : Cirrhosis worries......

Wilburis
12-05-16, 13:40
Hi

This is my new obsession.

I think I may have Cirrhosis.

I was a heavy drinker for many years, a bottle of wine a night, but obviously not while I was pregnant!

I am overweight, even when I was skinny many moons ago, I can recall my ballet teacher telling to pull my tummy in.

I do carry my weight around my tummy, even when I pull it in, there is still fat there. I need to lose about 6 stone. I dont think my tummy muscles ever joined up again after having my 3 children as when I sit up from laying down, I can see a vertical bulge where my tummy muscles should be.

Because of this, Im convinced I have ascites. I also have a tiny umbilical hernia that I can feel under the skin. I have prodded it so many times, it is now sore.

Ive been having slight pitted oedema in my shins and my doctor said this is because Im not active (which is true).

Im sure my GP is fed up with my health scares.

I had a private colonoscopy a couple of week ago because of a change in bowels and fear of bowel cancer. When the doctor examined my tummy and had a feel around, he said it felt "unremarkable". If I had ascites, would he have recognised it?

My tummy does go flat when I lay down.

My blood tests are all normal.

All my symptoms lead to Cirrhosis.

Can anyone help me?

x

swgrl09
12-05-16, 13:55
I don't know what symptoms lead you to think you have cirrhosis, sorry if I misunderstood!! It sounds like you just have some struggles with weight and muscle changes due to having children.

If you have talked to your doctor and been examined, I am sure they would know.

For what it's worth, when my mother had cancer that spread to her liver, she had ascites and it was very obvious. All of the nurses and doctors could tell immediately. If you have been checked and told it was normal, then you have to try your hardest to believe it.

Gary A
12-05-16, 14:06
I don't understant what symptoms you have that make you think you have cirrhosis. You have absolutely no symptoms of it from what you've just written. Ascites would not "go flat" when you lay down, plus you've had the area examined by a doctor. A doctor could most likely tell ascites just by LOOKING at you, never mind an entire examination.

The fact you're paying for private colonoscopies over bowel cancer fears tells me that you are suffering from nothing more than health anxiety. You have absolutely no reason to believe you have cirrhosis.