PDA

View Full Version : One big mess! A little bit about me ;)

ToughLuck
12-05-16, 14:14
Hello! My name is Tom.

I have read the NMP forums in the past but never paid too much attention to it. I suppose I didn't want to feel that I needed any form of community support.

Anyway, here's my story!

I've been struggling with anxiety on different levels since I was about 16 years old. I am now 24. I suffer with what I would consider a very high level of anxiety. It affects my day to day life, my work life and my relationships. Fortunately I have a good net of friends and family who understand and support me.

My main issue is health anxiety. I worry immensely over even the smallest of symptoms and then worry even more over the serious ones! The best part is I am capable of inducing symptoms that aren't even real and then I go on to worry about them too :yesyes:. My panic attacks happen most days and tend to be formed of pure terror and immense derealisation. Not a very nice way to live unfortunately :(.

Life now feels like a constant battle with my anxiety and trying to find a balance between keeping what's left of my sanity, protecting my job and looking after the relationship between my girlfriend and I. At the end of the day I can say I am completely and utterly exhausted.

Many times I have seen a thread that feels as if I have written it myself! That feeling of being completely distant to other people, and feeling as if I am in a completely different world to everybody else sometimes is made much easier just reading other peoples experiences. I know myself just how debilitating panic can be and I am determined to find a way to fight through my own issues and help out as many people as I can along the way.

Nice to meet you :)

venusbluejeans
12-05-16, 14:21
Hiya ToughLuck and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Lupin1991
12-05-16, 16:43
HI Tom, I'm new here too. It's funny how you said that many times you have seen a thread and feel like you have written it yourself, as that's how I felt when I just read yours! It's incredibly tough trying to lead a normal life with this constant anxiety following you but hopefully support from others who know what it is like will help to deal with our issues.
:)

Superworrier
12-05-16, 18:05
:welcome: Tom thank you for your frank post I am sure ypu will gain some great advice and support on here .:D