PDA

View Full Version : Scan Fears

Mojo61
12-05-16, 18:17
Long story, but basically I've been on continuous HRT for about 10 weeks now and about a month ago I forgot to change my patch on time and it caused a bleed. I went to my GP who blamed it on the late patch change and said it should stop within a week or so, it didn't and it is still happening now. She said although some women do have bleeds in the first 6 months if it doesn't settle down I will have to go for a scan. I've got an appointment to see her tomorrow morning and I know she will refer me for a scan because the bleeding has been continuous for a month now.

I'm petrified of what they will find. Could HRT have caused a tumour just in 10 weeks? I had a clear smear test last year, would something have shown up on that if it was cancer?

Mojo61
13-05-16, 09:49
The doctor said I don't need a scan at the moment and she has changed me on to a sequential regime instead of a continuous one. She said that should stop the bleeding, but if not then she may send me for a scan but she's not concerned because I didn't have any problems at all before I started the HRT.

Mummybee
13-05-16, 23:45
That's good news then mojo
Try and relax and trust the doctors