PDA

View Full Version : 23 hrs now since my last cigarette

gregcool
12-05-16, 18:39
Hi guys.early days yet.but i had my last cigarette 23 hrs ago...iv chucked the rest away and lighters and ashtray..i never smoked in my home i always went out side....i purchaced a decent vape device and i must say.its far more enjoyable than cigaretts..i cant believe just how efective it is..iv gone right off smoking now.even the thought of smoking turns my stomach...this vape device gives a much nicer feeling and visual vape when you exhall..better than patches and hundreds of flavours..realy ferl positive about this and reduced nicotine going into my body without the harmful burning tobaco and 4,000 chemicles that go into smoking....its so enjoyable i cant explain..got a good feeling with this.i realy needed to give up smoking as my chest was so bad and i always felt a failer after each smoke not to mention raised anxiety after...iv had a pritty good day today not smoking and feeling positive and proud..i could never have thought i could or would give up the smokes,but i have and feel this is it now..even when i see someone smoking,i have zero desire to smoke.i just get my vape out and enjoy a healthy kick and being part of a comunity that is ever growing of happy vapers..

---------- Post added at 18:39 ---------- Previous post was at 18:34 ----------

My daughter sent me this message this morning

Dear dad
I love you so so so so so much and I'm so proud to see you got your life back together I'm I'm super happy to see you have stopped smoking that's one of the reasons I was so stressed about things cuss I was worried u would die😭 hope your doing okay and your moneys not running out and ur doing okay I can't wait to see u and. Be with u and smoke that bong 😂😝😌😆 love you so much dad thank you for doing your best to help me and make me feel better miss you so much love you dad !! ❤❤👫❤❤❤

Mojo61
12-05-16, 18:44
That's fantastic - well done you!!!

I gave up smoking almost 20 years ago (no such thing as vaping then lol) I just went cold turkey and didn't have any cravings luckily. I'm glad you like the vaping though because it sure is a damn sight healthier and means you don't stink of old fags (apologies to any of our cousins from across the pond for that one - rofl!)

What a lovely message from your daughter too. That should be enough to keep you from going back to the ciggies I hope! :yesyes::yesyes::yesyes:

Carnation
12-05-16, 19:44
Brilliant gregcool. :yesyes:

Superworrier
12-05-16, 20:02
Well done :yesyes:

gregcool
12-05-16, 20:27
Thanks guys.

Chocolateface
12-05-16, 21:25
Well done that is great, keep it up

Buster70
12-05-16, 21:26
That's great that you have made steps to stop smoking been trying to convince my daughter to quit her car is like an Ash tray I put no smoking signs in it when I take it for the mot or do work on it , she needs to make up her own mind on it , lovely message from your daughter glad things are looking up ,take care .

Magic
12-05-16, 21:41
What a lovely letter from your daughter greg.
I have two vapour cigs. I wish they could make a lighter weight one.
They sort of weigh my bag down:blush:
Congratulations greg. You seem to be getting your life back on track:hugs:

gregcool
12-05-16, 22:27
That's great that you have made steps to stop smoking been trying to convince my daughter to quit her car is like an Ash tray I put no smoking signs in it when I take it for the mot or do work on it , she needs to make up her own mind on it , lovely message from your daughter glad things are looking up ,take care .

Hi buster..thanks for your suport..yes your daughter should give up..these new vapes nowdays are very good,much better than they were a few years ago..i found when i tried the skiny pen type,they were rubish.so i went for a much better model a tank as its caled..very efective.if you go into the vape shops you can try them out and get a feel for how they realy work.i would never have got mine if i couldnt first have a try...good luck with your daughter,but you know what its like.when you are young you think you will live forever and never get cancer..shame cos in the end im sure that is what would have hapend to me after many years of smoking.im glad i got out now before its to late.and my daughter is so chuffed that i will be around for many years to come

---------- Post added at 22:25 ---------- Previous post was at 22:23 ----------

What a lovely letter from your daughter greg.
I have two vapour cigs. I wish they could make a lighter weight one.
They sort of weigh my bag down:blush:
Congratulations greg. You seem to be getting your life back on track:hugs:

Thanks magic..yea i know what you meen about the weight.mine is quite solid and heavy.but i love the way it feels .im trying to get my life sorted,long way to go,but hopfully given up smoking will be a major step in the right directiion.

---------- Post added at 22:26 ---------- Previous post was at 22:25 ----------

Well done that is great, keep it up

Thankyou..

---------- Post added at 22:26 ---------- Previous post was at 22:26 ----------

Well done :yesyes:

Thankyou

---------- Post added at 22:27 ---------- Previous post was at 22:26 ----------

Brilliant gregcool. :yesyes:

Thankyou

Shazamataz
12-05-16, 23:02
Well done!

I need to stop myself. Currently I Though probably kidding myself!

gregcool
12-05-16, 23:10
Well done!

I need to stop myself. Currently I Though probably kidding myself!

Well give it a go..get a good vape kit like mine and you will realize how much nicer it is to vape and safe..if i think about smoking now only one day after vaping,it has no desire to me anymore.they realy work

MyNameIsTerry
14-05-16, 04:44
Great news, Greg! :yesyes:

I know you struggled coming off before and was worried about future attempts. I've seen loads of people talk about these ecigs and how they start them and then feel repulsed by real ciggies after that. It's great that you have had this effect as I doubt you will go anywhere near them again.

:yahoo:

gregcool
14-05-16, 08:20
Great news, Greg! :yesyes:

I know you struggled coming off before and was worried about future attempts. I've seen loads of people talk about these ecigs and how they start them and then feel repulsed by real ciggies after that. It's great that you have had this effect as I doubt you will go anywhere near them again.

:yahoo:

Day three on the vape now all going well.it was at this stage last year i fell apart.fingers are crossed this continues to be a positive step..i still dont think about smoking anymore..even if i pass people in town smoking,it dsnt worry me at all..when i gave up last year,everyone i walked past seem to smoke..but this time i havnt focused or noticed this

MyNameIsTerry
14-05-16, 08:54
I think I might get one of these vape things...according to all the adverts they involve glamourous women and expensive things. :roflmao:

gregcool
14-05-16, 09:14
I think I might get one of these vape things...according to all the adverts they involve glamourous women and expensive things. :roflmao:

Well i havnt had all the woman mate but certanly results.iv smoked all my life terry 25 a day and more.day three and iv completly gone off the fags..this vap is so much nicer to vape..better longer kick on the back of the throat when you take it down and a nice big visual cloud of vape .. you need to get a good one..a mod is what this type of vape i have.80 pounds..had to borow the money to buy it but will only cost a fraction to vape than it did to smoke...they realy do work mate..hundreads of flavors and nicotine strengths.i have 12mg nicotine which is about the same strength as it was smoking... go for it mate you wont even want to smoke anymore..i used to go out on my bowconay every hr to smoke.i havnt done that for two days now and hant missed it one bit

---------- Post added at 09:14 ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 ----------

Im off to town soon to buy some new vape .im going to try a new flavour today.then next week,my neathew is picking me up and taking me back to his house.hes been vaping for a few years now and knows everything about them he has a huge machine and builds his own coils that go in them..and buys all the flavours and oil and nicotine in bulk very cheep on the net,then mixes all his own flavours etc.much much cheeper than buying it from any shop..

Superworrier
14-05-16, 09:39
:roflmao::roflmao:

---------- Post added at 09:39 ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 ----------

So pleased its working for you Greg really positive post .

MyNameIsTerry
14-05-16, 09:57
I'm getting an image of shops like the old tobacconist shops years ago when they had everything in them and let you test a bit to see if you like it. I remember going in one around here for cigars for my dad when it was Xmas. Them blokes new there stuff! The mark of a good shop seemed to be Toby jug pipes!

Maybe your nephew can make you up some good mixes then and safe you some cash. It will be worth it in the long run for many reasons.

I gave up smoking years ago mate. I was one of the lucky ones that did it easy but I had rules about when I smoked so I kept it from ever getting much as I would sit out the need for one and that way I found it easy to come off.

gregcool
14-05-16, 11:09
I'm getting an image of shops like the old tobacconist shops years ago when they had everything in them and let you test a bit to see if you like it. I remember going in one around here for cigars for my dad when it was Xmas. Them blokes new there stuff! The mark of a good shop seemed to be Toby jug pipes!

Maybe your nephew can make you up some good mixes then and safe you some cash. It will be worth it in the long run for many reasons.

I gave up smoking years ago mate. I was one of the lucky ones that did it easy but I had rules about when I smoked so I kept it from ever getting much as I would sit out the need for one and that way I found it easy to come off.

Yea thats the plan terry..because if you buy the vape liquid from any of the shops it works out 80 pounds a month then 4 coils takes it upto 100 pm...i cant aford that ,but my neathew asures me he can make it much cheeper so ill be doing that..well done mate giving up all that time ago and staying off the smokes,you must be proud.

MyNameIsTerry
14-05-16, 12:44
Well he must have priced it all up for himself so it must work out cheaper. Sounds good.

I only smoked for a few years so I guess it hadn't really become such an issue for me. My dad smoked most of his life since being a young man, gave up once then started again, then gave up again after a scare at the hospital one day and he's been off them must be 8 years now.

gregcool
14-05-16, 13:09
Well he must have priced it all up for himself so it must work out cheaper. Sounds good.

I only smoked for a few years so I guess it hadn't really become such an issue for me. My dad smoked most of his life since being a young man, gave up once then started again, then gave up again after a scare at the hospital one day and he's been off them must be 8 years now.

Oh well thats good mate that you never got to hooked on smaking for to long,and good for your dad giving it up,sometimes thats all it takes is some advice from the profesionals to give us the insentive to quit for good...:yesyes:

BikerMatt
14-05-16, 14:05
Nice one Greg:D I was a heavy long time smoker until January i started vaping and haven't touched one since.

Glad you had that lovely message from you daughter :D

gregcool
14-05-16, 16:58
Nice one Greg:D I was a heavy long time smoker until January i started vaping and haven't touched one since.

Glad you had that lovely message from you daughter :D

Hi biker.thanks for the post..good for you on quiting smoking.its amazing isnt it the vape.im on day three now without a smoke and on the vape,and to be honest,the thought hasnt once entered my mind.not one moment.even when i see others smoking,it feels like a distant memory after just three days vaping..this time last year on the patches i was climbing the walls and everywhere i turned,people were smoking.i thought i cant live without smoking,so many asosiations with it..partys pub sat night in doors on a sunny day drinking.socializing so many things had atached themselvs to me through smoking...but having my mod in my hand,i can puff as often as i want when i want.i can still do all my things knowing im vaping which i find to be far more satasfying than smoking ever was...i just wish i got into vaping sooner..id normaly go out onto my bowcony every 40 min for a smoke and have done that for a year and a half solid.i dont even miss that at all...i just sit comftable on my sofa and vape..the only thing iv noticed from vaping is im starting to wheeze a bit.any idea on that...by the way,the lung hits are amazing nice kick in the back of the throat and warm.just the same as smoking but better

BikerMatt
14-05-16, 20:41
Hi biker.thanks for the post..good for you on quiting smoking.its amazing isnt it the vape.im on day three now without a smoke and on the vape,and to be honest,the thought hasnt once entered my mind.not one moment.even when i see others smoking,it feels like a distant memory after just three days vaping..this time last year on the patches i was climbing the walls and everywhere i turned,people were smoking.i thought i cant live without smoking,so many asosiations with it..partys pub sat night in doors on a sunny day drinking.socializing so many things had atached themselvs to me through smoking...but having my mod in my hand,i can puff as often as i want when i want.i can still do all my things knowing im vaping which i find to be far more satasfying than smoking ever was...i just wish i got into vaping sooner..id normaly go out onto my bowcony every 40 min for a smoke and have done that for a year and a half solid.i dont even miss that at all...i just sit comftable on my sofa and vape..the only thing iv noticed from vaping is im starting to wheeze a bit.any idea on that...by the way,the lung hits are amazing nice kick in the back of the throat and warm.just the same as smoking but better

Hey Greg, they're great aren't they. I'm vaping rhubarb&custard and cherry cola at the moment:D Not sure on the wheezing probably just your lungs clearing and adjusting. I do find eliquid at 50pg/50vg easier going than a lot that are 70pg/30vg.

gregcool
15-05-16, 14:11
Hey Greg, they're great aren't they. I'm vaping rhubarb&custard and cherry cola at the moment:D Not sure on the wheezing probably just your lungs clearing and adjusting. I do find eliquid at 50pg/50vg easier going than a lot that are 70pg/30vg.

Yes mate there great.last night i went out to a party and norm this sort of ocasion i would smoke and drink heavy all night long..well i drank heavy and everyone was going out smoking all night,and do you know what,i didnt feel the slightest teptation..didnt even cross my mind at any point..didnt miss thst gathering in the garden to smoke and its only bern 4 days on the vape after a few decades of smoking 25 a day.so feel realy positive about this...im on 12mg nicotine in a mix of krem vape.vit like cream soda its lovely..going upto my nethew this sat coming as hes been vaping for a few years now and builds his on coils and makes all his own flavours up...hes ordered me a new tank to fit on my mod so i can build my own coils.hes got me loads of the oil and flavours and coil wire and cloth's everything i need.he got it from his regular suplyer on the net.the lot is costing me 40 pounds.and he said there is enough of everything to last me 5 months...cant belive iv been buying my vape and coil from the local shop in town that has already cost me in just 4 days 30 pounds..rip off.im looking forward to paying out 10 pounds a month.ill be saving 40 pounds a month which is how much it was costing me to smoke baky..if i paid the shop prices i would be paying out 120 a month....what is 50/50.still trying to understand it all.its just as well my neathew is going to help me get it cheep as im on the benneffits and realy strugle to cope each week.so at least with the extra savings i can finaly be able to buy myself things like new sox pants and trainers etc which i desperatly need.i never have enough left to replace these things or buy myself a new top to where...plus iv been living on a budget of 15 pounds a week to get my weekly food shoping.eggs on toast beens on toast shit food like that.now id be able to get some proper food in..also my mod bat is realy long lasting,i vaped all day and all night till 1am and my mod was still on 25% bat life

BikerMatt
16-05-16, 17:34
PG is propylene glycol and VG is vegetable glycerin.

gregcool
16-05-16, 20:22
PG is propylene glycol and VG is vegetable glycerin.

Cheers budy.iv just recently learned that today..thanks tho...