PDA

View Full Version : loud/sceaming young kids stress me out!

catnut
13-05-16, 01:05
Is anyone here live where you are close to where young children live and have to deal with screaming on a day to day basis? It is getting worse now it's May and kids are outside almost daily(when it is dry) esp. in the evenings as late as 8pm(sometimes later on hot days). I live in a complex and even though they are finally sending letters about keeping it down and watching kids, I live across from neighbours how think they can let their kids' (as well as have their friends' over) and be as loud as they please, they know I have low tolerance for noise but insist on doing what they please. I've had to deal with this issue for 4 years and it gets worse in spring/summer (fall/winter is wonderful esp. wet days!) so I was trying to do something about it but so far, no luck. I get stressed to the point of yelling at them when it gets too much and then suffer later with headaches and not being able to sleep. I've never liked kids but I really hate them now, seems even in my nearby library, stores or anywhere I go, there is loud children but at least there I can leave or put my earplugs in. I need some support or help with how else to deal with this, it is stealing my sanity!

T.

ankietyjoe
13-05-16, 08:46
As a parent of two young children (that I love and adore) I can assure you there's very little to do to keep them quiet.

You might as well try to juggle rope.

Perhaps you should move somewhere quieter.

catnut
13-05-16, 23:18
i'm looking for someone who also is in my situation or can help me, I don't need any comments from parents thank you very much.

Fishmanpa
13-05-16, 23:29
I suffer from misophonia and screaming kids get under my last nerve too, especially in stores etc. It's akin to beeping, crunching/chewing and some other noises that trigger me.

Unfortunately, nothing short of moving to a quieter location will stop it from happening so either learn to deal with it by employing some exposure techniques or start looking.

Good luck and....

Positive (quieter) thoughts

misslove
14-05-16, 04:53
kids play. Kids yell. They make noise it's what they do. If you don't like it then moving is your best bet. Yelling at kids that aren't yours are just gonna get you nicknames from the kids and a lot of angry parents. If your so angry just hearing kids then you may have issues that need to be worked through. As a mom I'm good and putting noises from kids in the background.