PDA

View Full Version : Two Questions

Black
13-05-16, 01:52
Should I trust multiple d dimers at 24 since the doctor said clinically all my things check out, x-ray, oxygen is 100. Plus I have low CO2 from hyperventilating and they said that's likely from my anxiety, not any PE. The other question is nerve pain. They CT scanned my neck and shoulder, did BP check on both arms, looked good, but I have an /excruciating/ pain that NSAIDs and even low dose morphine barely work on. (Though the morphine did dull it). It's on the left shoulder/tricep, but CT didn't show a single thing. A hospital friend said that would tell me it's likely nerve pain, especially since I sleep on my left arm for years now, likely a pinched nerve (even though doctor was like I see no degeneracy so it hurts for no reason) basically. Could this be nerve pain, and how do I treat that? Soaking it in water helps a little, as does oils, but no actual medication seems to do really much. And I also have a headache that's kind of random, starts sometimes when I eat, take medicine, or burp, can feel fuzzy, and weird, at other times, random areas. Makes me think the worst case scenario with like you know, aneur, or the tum, but I don't know.

Black
14-05-16, 02:19
Anyone?

Black
14-05-16, 19:55
Should I trust multiple d dimers at 24 since the doctor said clinically all my things check out, x-ray, oxygen is 100. Plus I have low CO2 from hyperventilating and they said that's likely from my anxiety, not any PE. The other question is nerve pain. They CT scanned my neck and shoulder, did BP check on both arms, looked good, but I have an /excruciating/ pain that NSAIDs and even low dose morphine barely work on. (Though the morphine did dull it). It's on the left shoulder/tricep, but CT didn't show a single thing. A hospital friend said that would tell me it's likely nerve pain, especially since I sleep on my left arm for years now, likely a pinched nerve (even though doctor was like I see no degeneracy so it hurts for no reason) basically. Could this be nerve pain, and how do I treat that? Soaking it in water helps a little, as does oils, but no actual medication seems to do really much. And I also have a headache that's kind of random, starts sometimes when I eat, take medicine, or burp, can feel fuzzy, and weird, at other times, random areas. Makes me think the worst case scenario with like you know, aneur, or the tum, but I don't know.

It worries me, and I'm often told I'll be fine.

Kuatir
15-05-16, 07:03
Ibuprofen gel is good for pinched nerves.

Black
15-05-16, 23:21
Ibuprofen gel is good for pinched nerves.

Thanks! As to the rest should I be overly worried, or do those sound different than the things I'm likely worrying about?