PDA

View Full Version : Advice please, eyes

Bickety
13-05-16, 07:41
Hi everyone,
I've been having a twitch in my lower right eyelid for the past week, and my eyes feel really dry and tired. Now, I've had this before, and know it's linked to stress and anxiety, but this time it seems worse, and to be going on for longer. I am overdue an eye test, which I have now booked for next week, but am now terrified this is something nasty, and I'm beating myself up for being late with my eye test, which I'm usually very vigilant about. I also had some odd burning feeling in my hands and feet last week. Should I try and see my doctor before the eye test? I've been trying to delay rushing to the doctors all the time, but I find it so hard to figure out when it's really necessary . What would a normal person do?!

countrygirl
13-05-16, 11:01
I and loads of others on here have twitched for a lifetime. I rarely have a time where I do not have at some point in the day somewhere twitching. Last year my upper lip twitched for 9 months every single day. Mostly it lasts a few weeks or months then goes.

Muscle twitching is caused by nerve irritation in our case by the anxiety chemicals produced when we are tired/stressed or just plain anxious about something.

Twitching as a neuro sign is always a very late sign in a neuro disease so someone would already have severe neurlogical deficit - it is not known to be the first sign of any neuro disease.

The more you worry about it and focus on it the longer it will last honest!

Mummybee
13-05-16, 11:07
Country girl has said it all, but just for reinforcement, I'll say it too.
I twitch everywhere every day, I've had eye and eye lid twitches last for months at a time. You're OK,
If there was anything serious related to twitching you would certainly know about it before the twitching started.
It's just hyper excited nerves from the chemicals that anxiety pumps around our body.

contikitiki
13-05-16, 22:11
Hi everyone,
I've been having a twitch in my lower right eyelid for the past week, and my eyes feel really dry and tired.
Hi Bickety.
Eye problem can be really tiring but I hope you can put your mind in ease when dealing with it. I was working in software industry and deal with monitor everyday until I found out my eye create a crater and crack line every evening. My muscle also twitching as hell and I noticed after my wife notify me. I went to eye doctor to find out the problem and he said that my muscle and nerve are tensed up. I was applied with some eye drop and things getting better.

I even still have it till now, except eye crack (it sometimes) but I understand it is not a really big deal for now. How long you deal with monitor everyday? I have a suggestion to apply a cut of cold cucumber on your eyelid. It will help you to relax your eyes. :)