PDA

View Full Version : Foot pain panic help me

Mummybee
13-05-16, 23:12
So I've had health anxiety for about 8 months now.
Three days ago I woke up and it hurt to walk on my heel. It feels like the heel bone is cracked, very painful when I step. I had promised my husband I wouldn't Google new things.. So I lasted 24 hours and when I got up the next day I googled it. I got everything from plantar faciitis, which I don't think I have because symptoms don't match up, to tumours and cancer. There is a small soft bump on the bottom of my foot just in front of my heel. Now I'm paralysed with fear that I have a cancerous tumour in my heel or in the bone. It's the weekend and my husband has gotten to the point where he is less than sympathetic. I'm not imagining the pain, it's intense when I walk and it's getting worse not better. Please help me..:

Lifelonganxiety!
13-05-16, 23:16
Is it worse in the morning when you get up? I have heel pain, much worse in the morning. Caused by being overweight and slamming it into the ground one too many times playing soccer.

Very common. Cancer would be the last of my thoughts about foot pain. MUCH more likely to be an injury of some kind. Regardless of whether you remember doing it or not.

---------- Post added at 15:16 ---------- Previous post was at 15:15 ----------

Oh, and if it is plantar or something similar - try stretching by curling your toes up and stretching the foot. Works wonders for me.

Mugs
13-05-16, 23:18
Hi
I used to get this, felt like my heel was bruised. I had to get a shoe with a thicker sole to protect my heel bone from impacting the ground so much.
Hope this helps.
Mugs

Mummybee
13-05-16, 23:23
Yes it's more like the bone feels bruised.
How bad was your pain?
I don't think it's faciitis because I have no pain in the tendon and stretching it or standing on toes doesn't increase pain.

Mugs
13-05-16, 23:29
It was very painful, I was on my feet a lot and was walking on hard surfaces. The thicker soled shoes fixed it in a short time. Mocassins and flip flops are really bad for causing this.

Mummybee
13-05-16, 23:49
I want to be able to do what a rational person would do and leave it a few more days before going to the doctor but my mind is racing about tumours and cancer and what could be wrong and I just don't think I can cope for another few days. The ideas of tests and scans makes me sick waiting for results

Mugs
13-05-16, 23:57
Soak you foot in warm water and rest it for a few days. Tell yourself that you want to give your body a chance to repair itself before you do anything else.

Mummybee
16-05-16, 07:06
I went to the doctor
He said it's not plantar faciitis, due to where the pain is, he gave me a anti inflammatory drug and an X-ray form. He said to wait a week on the A I drug then get the X-ray
I'm so scared I have some kind of bone cancer or tumour and the thought of waiting for a week is petrifying.

Mugs
16-05-16, 08:05
Sounds reasonable, just looking for a possible crack in the heal bone.
Relax please.

Mummybee
16-05-16, 08:13
I wish I could Mugs
Thanks for the reply