PDA

View Full Version : Hello Im new

little_geko
14-05-16, 14:45
Hi everyone,

I am 28 and was recently advised to seek help for crippling anxiety. But I'm too anxious to even get myself to a doctor. I had my first panic attack at 14 but only recently has a friend pointed out to me that my behaviour isn't normal. So I'm trying to work up the ability to seek help and this is my first attempt to reach out. I hope that speaking to others that have sought help will push me to make that appointment.

Thanks for listening

venusbluejeans
14-05-16, 14:52
Hiya little_geko and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Lucinda07
14-05-16, 17:25
Hello & welcome.
Hope you find the support to help you take the first steps to recovery.:flowers:

netminder1976
14-05-16, 17:51
Welcome. You will find plenty of people whom I'm sure feel the same way as you on here. I've found it to be alot of help reading others stories and trying to help out when I can. What's happening that your friend says is not normal? What are your panic attacks like and do you know what triggers them?