PDA

View Full Version : Another one testicular torsion I've over examined my self scared it twisted

Lockey1995
14-05-16, 17:08
Hey,

I really hope i calm down soon anyway I'm now scared i may have wrapped the cord around and scared I'm going to get torsion ever since yesterday I kept checking them over and over. sort of like ocd i didn't feel anything yesterday but had this mad ocd. Yesterday i just kept examining them :( and today a little bit and a couple of times and this has happened naturally.

The epididymus if that's how you spell it sometimes is at the bottom I didn't rotate it myself but it happened a couple of times when examining I've stopped now but have i done something or is this another pointless worry? can you cause it by performing a self exam?

They're piling up like papers now :(

Cheers

ServerError
14-05-16, 17:18
Testicular torsion presents with sudden severe pain, such as it would be unlikely you could post on here. So if you're not in blinding agony, you don't have it.

It would also be extremely difficult to cause it simply by examining. But do be gentle with yourself when carrying out a testicle exam.

Fishmanpa
14-05-16, 17:25
May I suggest putting on a protective cup to discourage you from playing with your jewels? :shrug:

Positive thoughts

Lockey1995
14-05-16, 17:28
aha, so it's instant pain then as soon as it happens? it doesn't just develop

ServerError
14-05-16, 17:31
I know a guy who had it. He fell of his motorbike and was otherwise unhurt. The pain wasn't literally instant, but it came on very quickly while he was in hospital. He said there was no doubting what it was.

Lockey1995
14-05-16, 17:34
ahh ok cheers, I need to stop messing now never had ocd like this i need to stop i feel a little better that i haven't managed to rotate it that bad

unsure_about_this
15-05-16, 08:20
This sounds a lot like me over the last couple of weeks with checking myself a lot, with a recent cancer within the family (not same type I am worried about at the moment which is testicle cancer) it has got me on edge, luckly it has been caught very early. I have even booked myself in to see GP to check for me. As for the tersion you would know if you had a problem, you would be screaming in agony, be in a lot of pain

Check once per month whilst in the bath or shower and no more