PDA

View Full Version : Intense & Severe Lower Back Pain

anxious_thoughts
14-05-16, 17:53
Hi guys,

The last two weeks I've been having the WORST lower back pain.

The thing is I've been having this pain on/off for many years. There are times where it is worse than others. Other times it goes away for months and then comes back for usually 2-3 days. However, I'm worried now because i've had severe pain for 2 weeks now.

I'm only 23 years old...so i don't think i should be having these pains.

They are located really low around my hips and go right across my lower back. It's such a bad achey feeling it sometimes takes my breath away.

Here are the major symptoms:

- Pain that starts in the back and sometime goes down my thigh, up my back, or even to the sides of my stomach
- worsens with sitting, always better when I lie down and sometimes when walking
- worsens when bending down
- when the pain is at its worst, when I sit down and then I get up it feels like I can't straighten my back, and I feel like I'm leaning towards the left
- pain killers don't work
- Sometimes my back hurts just to the touch

I don't know what to do :( I'm afraid to go to the doctors because it is something I've been getting for years so I didn't think it was serious but now that it's been lasting for two weeks I'm freaking out :( I'm worried it's kidney related. The only different thing I've been doing is taking iron pills...I stopped taking them yesterday so I"m going to see if it changes anything but I need to take them because I'm low in iron. Any ideas? :(

---------- Post added at 12:53 ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 ----------

I forgot to mention that when I sneeze my lower back also hurts :(

Paul84
14-05-16, 18:11
Hi Jenn, I've also been having back/hip trouble. Similar to yours however the pain is now gone (touch wood) but I have a little stiffness now.

I've booked in with a Physio on Tuesday to get it looked at.
Do you sit alot during the day, at work/home? Sounds like it could be the hip flexor muscles, although I'm no expert.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Anxiety's a git.

countrygirl
14-05-16, 18:51
Sounds very much like musculo skeletal problem with your back or hips. If you can pay then go and see a physiotherapist who can evaluate where your problem is likely to be coming from.
If your symptoms persist for more than 6 weeks then in some areas your Gp can order an mri scan to rule out anything nasty causing it.