PDA

View Full Version : Throat issues

Jamie123
14-05-16, 18:18
Put my fingers in my mouth and down my throat and can feel 2 small thin slug like pieces of skin on the left side which arent very hard i am worried as they are protruding and that side seems worse in general and more prone to irritation and I am worried it may be cancer is it normal to have these? Ive felt the sensation in my throat for several months now and i read a lot of people have the same and it comes and the feeling comes and goes however one day i put my fingers in and felt it and since then i cannot stop thinking about this

Nicholebear
14-05-16, 18:22
Those flaps are normal anotomical structures, stop sticking your fingers down your throat. You'll just make your throat sore or give yourself an infection from scraping around down there.

Jamie123
14-05-16, 18:27
its thicker than a flap tho could it still be just that?

Nicholebear
14-05-16, 18:54
It's either a normal variant (one of my tonsils is bigger than the other, always has been)

Or it's becoming enlarged from you jabbing your finger down your throat, something that's not supposed to happen

If this doesn't reassure you then visit a walk-in clinic and have them take a look at it.

---------- Post added at 12:54 ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 ----------

There's a ridge that goes along the bottom of our throats that is the bottom of your tongue

Jamie123
14-05-16, 19:05
Thanks if it doesnt go I will go to a clinic just really worried as 1 side is different from another but it could be because I was really ill about a week ago now and jabbing it has kept it there. There is a bit of a dent in the middle and the other side feels different but im guessing this is the jabbing I will see.

ServerError
14-05-16, 21:14
Hi Jamie,

I just wanted to suggest you try to remember that the human body is not perfectly symmetrical and this applies to the throat too. I've seen one or two threads in the past where people were worried that one thing didn't match another. If you get on that train, you'll struggle to get off because you'll always have bits of you that don't match the other side of you.

As has already been said, stop prodding your throat. I know it's a fun time, but try to knock it on the head (not literally).

Fishmanpa
14-05-16, 21:29
I know it's a fun time....

I can't see what's fun about sticking your fingers down your throat :blink: Although there's a thread about obsessively fondling your jewels :D
Besides, we can't tell what we're feeling or looking at.

Positive thoughts

ServerError
14-05-16, 21:38
I can't see what's fun about sticking your fingers down your throat

You're not doing it right...

Fishmanpa
14-05-16, 21:54
You're not doing it right...

I've had highly trained medical professionals do that to me over the last three years at every "scope, poke and prod" check up. It's no fun no matter how good you are at it! ~lol~

Positive thoughts and ~gag~

Nicholebear
15-05-16, 00:29
I know what part you are talking about. I've felt it jabbing my finger down my throat trying to get myself to puke after binge drinking. It's a normal body part don't worry. Your sore throat may be from sleeping with your mouth open, or even allergies. I had that as well and bought a $15 Vicks vaporizer from Walmart and it fixed it that night. Might look into that.