PDA

View Full Version : Beta blockers

jessicalittler79
15-05-16, 03:31
So I was put on beta blockers 25 mg 2 times day for fast heart rate and high blood both due from bad anxiety ...well I have a habit of checking my heart rate and blood pressure before taken my pills well the morning I wake with super fast heart so I always take my morning pill but in the evening when it's due again my blood pressure is very low 100/60 and heart rate is 50s and 60s so I backed off and only taken morning pill ...my question is will this harm me not taken the night pill when doctor says take it 2 times a day ..I just get scared with low heart rate and low blood pressure I don't want it to get super low anyone been threw this :blush:

Fishmanpa
15-05-16, 04:52
Take the pill as directed by your doctor. Your BP and heart rate are excellent and normal. Unless directed by a doctor, self checking will only feed your anxiety.

I take a beta blocker as well as BP meds and blood thinners for heart disease. I was told by my cardiologist to take my BP once a day and keep a spread sheet that I bring to my appointments. I hate having to do it but at least I know all is well.

Positive thoughts

jessicalittler79
15-05-16, 05:12
i just get scared I don't want blood pressure to get to low and I pass out

---------- Post added at 22:12 ---------- Previous post was at 21:58 ----------

Another question is it ok to take antibioics with beta blockers

Fishmanpa
15-05-16, 05:17
is it ok to take antibioics with beta blockers

That's a question for your doctor or pharmacist.

Positive thoughts

jessicalittler79
15-05-16, 05:18
Ok thanks