PDA

View Full Version : New to citalapram

Becky2785
15-05-16, 11:08
Hi there I'm starting citalapram tomorrow don't no y I've set my date to start lol just scared of side affects.
There 10mg for anixety also a few intrusive thoughts that I've been getting since coming off fluoxetine. Just thought I'd see how people found this med and if they get on with it thanks for reading
Becky xx

Victory2016
15-05-16, 11:23
Hi Becky! Welcome! If you are scared just cut the tabs in half for a week and then take the full 10mg. You may not end up with any side effects or very minimal. The longer you wait to take them the longer you drag out your recovery. We are all here to help and support you. We were all scared too when we started the tabs, but we are all gradually healing.

Becky2785
15-05-16, 12:34
Thanks for replying victory 2016 I no the longer I leave it the worse things get think I will just be brave and take a full tablet tomorrow. Do u think it best to take I the morning. G or the evening? Xx
Becky

Mojo61
15-05-16, 12:55
Hi Becky. I've been taking 10mg for almost 8 weeks now. Like you I was absolutely petrified of taking the tablets and left it for months until I just couldn't cope anymore. To be honest I did have a little more increased anxiety for about a week, but compared to what I'd been through before it was nothing I couldn't manage. If you are concerned you can always ask your doctor to prescribe a low dose of diazepam or similar just to take the edge off whilst you are getting used to the tablets. Don't forget we are all here to support you, and some members on here have extensive knowledge of citalopram so can answer any questions or fears you may have. I take my tablet in the morning.

I would strongly suggest reading the sticky post at the top of this forum called "The Citalopram Survival Guide" It was my bible during the first few weeks and I still refer to it now when I'm not sure about something.

Good luck - you can do this!

Becky2785
15-05-16, 16:02
Hi mojo61 I am scared to take time but I no I must but I know I have to and like u say compared to how we feel already it's not much difference I am taking my tablet in the morning then off to work so hopefully that will help ge the through the day. I have already read the citalapram survival guide twice and I'm sure I will read a few more times while I'm on them I will post tomorrow to let u know how it goes thankyou for ur support xx

Victory2016
15-05-16, 16:19
Thanks for replying victory 2016 I no the longer I leave it the worse things get think I will just be brave and take a full tablet tomorrow. Do u think it best to take I the morning. G or the evening? Xx
Becky

You will have to see how you feel. Most people take them in the morning, but I take mine at night because it makes me tired and I fall asleep within a half hour of taking my pill.

Yes mojo is right about the survival guide. I read it when I feel really bad and it helps me.