PDA

View Full Version : weird head feeling

DonnaT
15-05-16, 21:53
I get a strange feeling in y head all the time. It happens so fast I can't really work out what it is. It feels like vertigo. I am In a complete state about at the moment to do with my head. I'm getting loads of symptoms. Tingling in my arms, hands feet, weirs vision things then my head goes funny, I'm very frightened. Last night I woke up with pins and needles I my right arm. I don't even think I was asleep on it. I ended up in a huge panic and I had to force myself not to go to the hospital. I went to a&e last week because I was getting really dizzy the doctor examines me and said no symptoms of what I was worrying about. The day after that's when I started to get tingly legs and arms. I don't know how it can all be anxiety in not hyperventilating. These symptoms come and go all the time. Anybody suffer with this type of thing.

Colicab85
15-05-16, 22:28
V much so. For the last month. But I'm slowly coming round to it being anxiety and the more than I feel like it the milder the symptoms are.

I don't blame you for going to loads of doctors. I did. I had 2 gp appointment, 3 out of hours appointments, an eye test, 2 trips to A&E and a private consultation at a neurologist. They all say I'm fine and the more I've accepted their diagnosis the better I'm feeling. Take a few days off work to unwind, that helped me.

I'm still not 100%, if a new thing happens in my head then I have a "moment" for sure. Earlier tonight I got a snap of tinnitus in my right ear (something I've had for YEARS) but because I've had these headaches and dizziness for the last month I put it down to something that it isn't.

I am having an MRI a week on Monday but this is, in the words of my neurologist, to put my mind at ease completely.

I know it's hard to accept but believe me, I've seen enough doctors for a lifetime in the last month and there has to come a point where we realise that they know what they're talking about, or that's how I'm beginning to feel.

Gary A
16-05-16, 00:13
I get a strange feeling in y head all the time. It happens so fast I can't really work out what it is. It feels like vertigo. I am In a complete state about at the moment to do with my head. I'm getting loads of symptoms. Tingling in my arms, hands feet, weirs vision things then my head goes funny, I'm very frightened. Last night I woke up with pins and needles I my right arm. I don't even think I was asleep on it. I ended up in a huge panic and I had to force myself not to go to the hospital. I went to a&e last week because I was getting really dizzy the doctor examines me and said no symptoms of what I was worrying about. The day after that's when I started to get tingly legs and arms. I don't know how it can all be anxiety in not hyperventilating. These symptoms come and go all the time. Anybody suffer with this type of thing.

Hyperventilation comes in two forms, acute and chronic. Acute hyperventilation comes in attacks of heavy breathing and gasping for air. Chronic hyperventilation is far far more subtle. It's actually almost completely unnoticeable, but the symptoms are exactly the same as when you're having acute episodes.

Chronic hyperventilation is simply a poor breathing pattern, where you're inhaling far too much oxygen and not exhaling enough CO2. This occurs over days, weeks and even months. The symptoms tend to linger, but they can and do appear and disappear.

Have a read online about chronic hyperventilation, you may be surprised at how well it fits.