PDA

View Full Version : Gastritis in so much pain!

tan235
16-05-16, 04:44
Hi All
I have IBS but now apparently I have IBS.

I have really bad cramping all the time. . especially after I eat something or drink water.

I've had it for three days - this is unbearable.
I feel as thought I'm bleeding internally.
The Dr felt my stomach and said it feels slightly swollen but he's felt it worse.
I can't eat, can't drink - I feel as though I'm period cramping all the time.
Has anyone had this with Gastritis or even IBS???

I can't take it much more but dont know what to do.
I'm on Losec and Gaviscon but they are not doing anything!
I"m eating nothing, potatoes and oats but still cramping really badly afterwards.
I'm in tears.

vicky23
16-05-16, 13:43
hi,
sorry to hear you're in so much pain stomach issues are horrible :weep:
Hopefully it'll be over in a few days but in the meantime rest with a hot water bottle and try sipping some chamomile tea which is good for pain relief.
I know oats are supposed to be good for your digestion but I personally can't get away with them they make me sore and bloated.
I stick to plain white rice/ plain white crackers or ripe bananas when I'm ill.
Best wishes for a quick recovery
XX

Beckybecks
16-05-16, 14:17
Hi, yes you can get a lot of pain with IBS. I've had it for weeks and one particularly anxious time it lasted six months.

What I've learnt is the following:
Anxiety is a big trigger for IBS more than any food.
The pain is from trapped wind.
Your stomach may feel swollen and this is bloating due to trapped wind.
I take a product called Colofac which contains Mebeverine hydrochloride which does help to ease the bloating. You should be able to buy something similar over the counter.
I drink peppermint tea and chamomile tea.
I avoid wheat as this seems to trigger IBS symptoms for a lot of people and definitely does for me.
Don't starve yourself as this seems to make the symptoms worse.
Eat small quantities often.
Rice and bananas help me. Potatoes and porridge give me problems.
Keep a food diary so you can pinpoint your triggers.
But quite honestly at the end of the day it was my anxiety that caused prolonged IBS symptoms.

I hope this is of some help. I know how awful it feels when it goes on for days and days.

Holds1325
16-05-16, 17:54
Anxiety, Stims like Alcohol and Caffiene, certain foods like gluten and dairy in excess can all cause IBS to flare up and cause lots of discomfort.

I found that having junk food over an extended period of time with no whole foods can almost cause flu-like symptoms for a night or so. Its all about eating healthy and making sure you are finding ways to lower your stress like exercise or talking it through with anyone really.

Try eating more fruits and making sure to hydrate. Stay away from fatty oils, salt and junk and see if it clears up just fine.

tan235
17-05-16, 07:03
Thanks everyone I had one bout of terrible pain today but so far I just feel like some has punched me in the stomach..I really hope tomorrow is better, I can't take much more of this!!