PDA

View Full Version : Headache/blurry vision

Baimarsh25
16-05-16, 05:34
Should I request a CT scan or MRI?
So i've been waking up with mild headaches on the left back side of my head, they aren't bad but they are pretty constant and i will occasionally get them throughout the day. My vision has also been more blurry than usual. I don't show any of the other symptoms of a brain tumor tho but I went to the doctor and he performed a quick neuro exam (flashed lights in my eyes, checked reflexes, asked me to walk in a straight line etc). and said everything was fine and I shouldnt be worried about a brain tumor and to maybe go to an eye doctor. I did and he said I have mild astigmastim in both my eyes and I am getting glasses. but I am still confused why my headaches are only on the middle to back leftside of my head (not behind the eyes) if I have astigmatism in both eyes if thats the problem? I want to just get an MRI but should I wait until I get my glasses? I also don't want to be annoying to my doctor and basicallly force an MRI. Im sorry, I am a medical hypochondriac. Any suggestions? I know no one can be sure.

Thoughts
16-05-16, 06:27
sounds very unnecessary. The odds of a brain tumor for first time headache is like 1 out of 1000. Not much more than odds in person without headaches