PDA

View Full Version : Suicide talk in chat room

nomorepanic
12-03-07, 00:58
Please can I remind people of this chat room rule...

12) Do not threaten suicide. We are not equipped to deal with crises of this nature. It puts a huge burden on others in these rooms when someone threatens self-violence and there is nothing they can do. Contact your local crisis hotline

We have had a few incidents recently with people going into chat and threatening to kill themselves. This is NOT fair on other people.

Whilst I appreciate that people need support and help this is not the place to come in and talk about suicide. We have some very vulnerable members on here and this kind of talk can seriously effect people and upset them.

Please be respectful and contact your local crisis hotline - in the UK this would be the Samaritans.

I have been on the end of two suicide threats on this site and it is very stressful, upsetting and you feel so helpless. Thankfully both were resolved without incident but whilst trying to sort it out it is very upsetting.

Please be considerate to other members in chat at all time and appreciate that they are not qualified to talk to suicidal people.

Thank You.