PDA

View Full Version : Tried everything, annoying disorder your advice?

feareyes
16-05-16, 11:19
Hi folks,

I'm Rob - a 38 year old male based in London.

I run a startup - a great company with great people involved. However, our efforts are being seriously undermined by my handicap - I get seriously agitated during meetings.

I'm normally a confident person, able to assert his ideas and run a business. But meetings where I am selling our company get me every single bloody time.

The first minute or so goes well - then my heart rates rises, I start to heat up, and then begin pouring with sweat from my face and torso, while trying to maintain dignified composure. Challenging.

I have tried propanolol, alcohol, intensive exercise, breathing... nothing works. It takes 5x propanolol to take the sweating down just a little bit, but then I am half-dazed.

I'm aware that what I probably need is CBT. But before I go down this route - does anyone else have any suggestions?

Thanks.

venusbluejeans
16-05-16, 11:24
Hiya feareyes and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: