PDA

View Full Version : Stomach Issues

Victory2016
17-05-16, 11:45
So yesterday was six weeks at 20mg. I seem to be having stomach issues still. Its like I am starving and sick to my stomach at the same time. I know I need to eat but have no desire and nothing is satisfying me. I have been forcing myself to eat for the past six weeks.

Does anyone else feel this way? Will it go away.

danithegirl
17-05-16, 13:51
You may want to talk to your doctor about that. I had the issue for the first week or two- starving, but the anxiety made me sick and not want to eat, but it's gone away since.

Do you take the medication after you've eaten, or on an empty stomach?

Suziewuzie
17-05-16, 14:01
I've never had this, I found my appetite went back to normal after starting on them & actually has increased quite a lot so I've put a bit of weight on over the past few months

sollythegolly
17-05-16, 14:01
Yes Victory, I too have stomach issues. Feeling like my stomach is knotted, bloated and generally uncomfortable. Have no appetite and no interest in food at all. I'm on Day 28 of 20mg Citalopram.

I am confident, however, that these are side-effects and they will eventually go. As we are all different, we will see improvements within different timescales.

Keep on going Victory. You're doing the right thing, and things will improve. Good luck.

debs71
17-05-16, 14:17
It will go away.

When I started on Escitalopram (Cit's sister drug) I felt so nauseated and also had zero hunger at all, but at the same time knew I had to eat something. It took a few weeks to go, and I was only ever on 10mg. 20mg is quite a hefty dose so it just may take some time to settle, but should get better.

Stomach/appetite issues/nausea are one of the most common side effects of an SSRI, but will settle eventually. x

Victory2016
17-05-16, 22:13
Thanks everyone!!! This made me feel better. I do have an appt with my GP tomorrow, so see what she says.