PDA

View Full Version : impendiig death/doom help

tiredofthis14
17-05-16, 14:24
its suffocating me does it mean imm going to die

---------- Post added at 14:24 ---------- Previous post was at 13:09 ----------

if anyone had any advice i would be so gratreful i was put on a med for 4 weeks then suddenly had it stopped at the weekend i dont know if this is normal i just have intense intense anxiety convinced im going to die i cant think straight cant eat cant concentrate i have seen mental health today they offered me admission but i have two children and couldnt bare to be away from them my mind is trying to find and cling to worries i keep getting pain in leg so convinced i have a clot i have a chest infection im scared im scared about my heart normally i get one worry and focus on this this is like a million worries at once

Phill2
19-05-16, 02:58
The fear of impending doom is a very common anxiety symptom.
It's just a fear and doesn't mean anything.

BikerMatt
19-05-16, 03:05
Sorry missed your thread earlier. Why did your meds suddenly get stopped after 4 weeks? That certainly wouldn't help.
Hope you've managed some relief.

MyNameIsTerry
19-05-16, 04:49
Stopping your Mirt could have been done via a taper:

http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/healthadvice/treatmentswellbeing/antidepressants/comingoffantidepressants.aspx

DURING
•Reduce slowly
•Research suggests:
•if treatment has lasted less than 8 weeks, stopping over 1-2 weeks should be OK
•after 6-8 months treatment, taper off over 6-8 weeks
•if you have been on maintenance treatment, taper more gradually: e.g. reduce the dose by not more than ¼ every 4-6 weeks.

•Stay in touch with your doctor
•Be prepared to stop the reduction or increase your dose again if needed
•Keep a diary of your symptoms and drug doses.

Cold turkey withdrawal can be unpleasant and doctors only tend to do that if there is a good reason like an allergic reaction, for instance.

If this is withdrawal, perhaps they can determine if a small dose could be added and you withdraw slower?