PDA

View Full Version : Up and down

Chaos09
18-05-16, 12:18
Hi all, hope everyone's doing well.

I am now at 7 weeks on 20mg and I am seriously considering a meeting with Dr to increase dose.
My anxiety as a general issue is subsiding I think, but as soon as I have any stress it sky rockets. Also depression is kicking me into the ground big time :(

R1CH
20-05-16, 08:07
Hi Chaos

It's probably a good time to see your doctor to discus an increase, no harm in that. You could always wait it out a few more weeks but 20mg is the therapeutic dose so you might just need an increase.

FWIW I am into week 3 or 4 on 40mg now and depression is kicking me into the ground too. I have been blubbing on a daily basis now, several times a day. I am just hoping things will start to improve as soon as my brain is used to the dose change. My anxiety is a lot better but depression is the main issue now I think.

Stay Strong!

Rich:bighug1:

Mojo61
20-05-16, 09:19
I don't understand - citalopram is primarily an anti depressant right? How can it make you depressed?

R1CH
20-05-16, 10:54
Hi Mojo

I know crazy isn't it. This last week I have been feeling so down, like they say though, you get worse before getting better. I thought I had it all kicked during the second week on 40 but then things went down hill. I am not too bad just want to feel some happiness and get my old mojo back! I'm sure it will come, it's just a struggle.

So how are you doing now?

Rich

:bighug1:

Victory2016
20-05-16, 11:27
I would wait it out until 12 weeks as that seems to be the hotspot for everyone. Once they hit month 3 they feel pretty much back to normal. I know last time I was on Cit it was not until the 3 month that I felt pretty darn good and then it still continued to get better. I would not be so quick to increase. I will be 7 week @ 20mg on Monday and I am at a minimum waiting at least 12 weeks before I make any changes. For some of us it just take longer to kick in. I also had about two weeks were my depression got really bad and I seem to be coming out of it now. Hang in there!

Mojo61
20-05-16, 17:30
Hi Mojo

I know crazy isn't it. This last week I have been feeling so down, like they say though, you get worse before getting better. I thought I had it all kicked during the second week on 40 but then things went down hill. I am not too bad just want to feel some happiness and get my old mojo back! I'm sure it will come, it's just a struggle.

So how are you doing now?

Rich

:bighug1:

It's madness lol, you couldn't make it up: tablets for depression that actually make you depressed! :scared15:

I'm doing OK at the moment thanks Rich. Taking each day as it comes and making sure I follow my CBT guidelines. Also reading Claire Weekes books seems to have helped.

Hope you feel a bit more cheerful soon :bighug1:

Chaos09
22-05-16, 22:05
Thanks everyone. Turns out my Dr is away at the moment so I'll wait it out a bit longer. Mojo, I was experiencing depression before and it's just not lifted :( nth one of my main struggles is getting up in a morning. I just feel like I can't face the day.
I'm going to try getting up early tomorrow if I can, to give myself some time to adjust and see if that helps.
I'm really struggling at the moment and have an exam coming up. I've not done an exam for about 12 years so worried!