PDA

View Full Version : Breast lump/cyst

Worrychick
18-05-16, 12:30
I've had a lump behind my nipple for quite some time and although I can see it on the mammogram, it has always come back clear. Lately though it has grown and it sore and hard. I have an apt tomorrow but in the last few weeks I have been so anxious and worried. Does anyone else have a cyst that has grown and is sore? My periods are all over the place too, but that coincides with my age (49) but also taking pregablin. Any experiences would be appreciated.

helenclaire
18-05-16, 13:38
Hi,

I had a cyst several years ago, I had it for some time but then it started to get painful to the point where it was keeping me awake it also felt harder to the touch.

I was referred to hospital where I had it drained and was fine after.

So yes I guess cysts can grow or change, but if its causing you discomfort and worry I would go back to the doctors.

Worrychick
18-05-16, 16:44
Thank your for replying. I hope it is just a cyst. My mum died of breast cancer at 47. I am 49. 2 of my best friends currently are recovering from breast cancer at 49 too. I am so worried, I have rang the doctor so he can take a look and maybe offer some reassurance although I think until my clinic apt I probably won't be any better, hoping for a good outcome. xx